Full Time - Europe, United Kingdom, Manchester
This entry was posted on April 19, 2017.
We are currently recruiting a Quantity Surveyor to join a client focused team for the Manchester office. This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre individual to join and strengthen our Quantity Surveying team.
This role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive individual to take responsibility for providing Quantity Surveying support for our professional services and project based teams on a number of interesting projects with the scope to play a key role in strengthening Education and Health sector delivery.
The role will be Manchester based to primarily serve a growing portfolio of work in the North West region.
The range of work is broad although this is a targeted recruitment to help strengthen and enhance existing Health and Education capacity, experience in both sectors would be a major benefit and we would like to push for a candidate with both health and education if possible. In terms of the candidate this should be someone who enjoys hands on project delivery, building and maintaining client relationships, they will be a key part of growing our regional capability within the Education and Health sectors. They will be expected to get involved in helping to develop junior members of the team as well as targeted business development etc to help grow and deliver our offer in the region.
There will be a focus on professional work on a wide variety of selected projects ranging from £0.5m to £500m including:
- Commercial new build and Fit Outs
- Mixed use and retail
- Hotel and Leisure
- Industrial and Distribution
- Energy and Infrastructure
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar technical discipline
- Strong technical delivery experience
- Strong track record of delivery on Further and Higher Education projects,
- MRICS or membership of other relevant professional body
- Ability to successfully manage complex projects in a proactive and diligent manner
- Strong Feasibility and cost planning experience
- Experience of providing procurement advice, tender documentation and post contract services
- Client facing, ensuring a high standard of technical delivery
- Able to build long-term relationships
- Previously employed by a consultancy or end user client
- Stakeholder management with a clear focus on developing client accounts
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering deadlines
- A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious
- Enjoy and be hands on with project delivery, building and maintaining client relationships
RLB is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All job applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, “race” (includes nationality, national / ethnic origins, colour) marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, gender reassignment, religion and belief
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: email@example.com
**If you are have trouble submitting your application via the below link, please send a copy of your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for job