Associate Project Manager
Full Time - Europe, United Kingdom, Sheffield
This entry was posted on December 11, 2018.
Overview of Role:
We are currently recruiting for Associate Project Manager to join the team This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre individual to join and strengthen our team. The existing team in Sheffield work on a wide range of fast paced projects, including refurbishments, fit outs, redevelopments and new builds that span an array of sectors (Education, Healthcare, Sport, Retail, Commercial, Residential and the public sector).
This role presents an excellent opportunity for a pro-active individual to take responsibility for providing all project management services on a number of interesting projects in Yorkshire within the Commercial, Residential, Education, Healthcare, Retail and Sport sectors.
- To support the business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
- To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with established processes and procedures
- Comply with established procurement/commercial/contractual strategies
- Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
- Professional Skills:
- Management and preparation of projects from briefing / feasibility through to completion and post-handover
- Advising clients on developing procurement strategies.
- Preparation of programmes / schedules
- Management of meetings.
- Development of project risk management strategies.
- Management of a team of Project Managers and Assistants.
- Support to the office Partner in running and managing the office.
- Presenting to client teams.
- Business development and generation.
- Preparation of progress reports and presentation at monthly client meetings
- Running a competitive tender process, including managing queries from tendering contractors.
- Managing multiple projects on ‘LIVE’ operational sites
- Assistance with the preparation of contract documents
- Management of multi-disciplinary project teams
- Working knowledge of various forms of building contracts
- Experience of Administering building contracts
- Contract Administration experience
- Experience working with Clients in sectors as Commercial, Residential, Education, Healthcare, Retail, Sport & Leisure
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive, proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results. We are looking for a real team player.
- Construction Project Management degree or a similar construction related qualification with extensive technical delivery experience in a similar role gained within a consultancy or an end user client.
- Ability to identify and develop potential opportunities to secure more business for RLB
- Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interface skills
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines
- A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable and flexible
RLB is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All job applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, “race” (includes nationality, national / ethnic origins, colour) marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, gender reassignment, religion and belief.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for job