Graduate Quantity Surveyor
Full Time - Oceania, Australia, Darwin
This entry was posted on October 14, 2019.
Rider Levett Bucknall is Oceania’s largest and most experienced construction consultancy, specialising in management, cost consultancy and advisory services. We have the right people in the right places to deliver successful projects from all sectors of the construction industry. Our range of expertise and organisational resources means we can bring together the best team for any project.
Overview of Role:
RLB is currently recruiting for a Graduate / Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join the Darwin office. This is an exciting career opportunity for a high calibre individual. This role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive individual to take responsibility and work closely and directly with the resident director for providing valuable high quality assistance to our valued and varied project stakeholders.
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Degree or higher qualification in Quantity Surveying
- Membership of or membership eligibility to the AIQS, RICS or equivalent professional body
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral)
- Ability to prioritise and multi task effectively
- Ability to prepare cost estimates of building construction based on concept, sketch, design development and ‘for construction’ documentation
- Ability to assist during the construction phase contract administration of building projects including preparing progress payments, reviewing variations, preparing budget reports and financier ‘cost to complete’ reports
- Ability to assist in Value management
- Ability to assist in negotiation of construction contract price and conditions
- Ability to assist in providing cost advice in relation to sustainable construction
- Ability to assist with and be involved in the preparation of bills of quantities (ASMM) and simplified bills of quantities