Building Surveyor / Fire Risk Assessor
Full Time - Europe, United Kingdom, Birmingham
This entry was posted on December 21, 2018.
Overview of Role
We are currently recruiting a Building Surveyor/Fire Risk Assessor to join a client focused team within Birmingham office. This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre individual to join and strengthen our team.
This role represents an excellent opportunity for a proactive individual to take responsibility for providing all core surveying services on a number of interesting areas of property.
- To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
- To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures
- Comply with established procurement/commercial/contractual strategies
- Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, safety, Security and Quality Standards.
- To undertake fire risk assessments across a variety of property types ranging from residential, healthcare, custodial, education and commercial.
- To undertake fire compartmentation surveys to identify breaches, proposed remedial repairs through to preparation of specification and design.
- Provide Fire Safety Advisor role to assist our clients with their property portfolio
- Ideally have good understanding of Approved Document B, Health Technical Memorandum 05-02, relevant British Standards
- Project Management
- Design & Specification writing
- Contract Administrator
- Acquisition surveys
- PPM and asset condition schedules
- Quality & technical Monitoring
- Measured Surveys
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Degree qualified in Building Surveying or similar technical discipline.
- Experience of undertaking Fire Risk Assessments and associated fire safety legislation
- Accredited fire risk qualification or equivalent would be advantageous
- Strong technical delivery experience
- MRICS/IFE or membership or other relevant professional body
- Ability to successfully manage complex projects in a proactive and diligent manner
- Strong track record in management of projects from inception to completion
- Client facing, ensuring high standards of technical delivery
- Able to build long-term relationships
- A track record of working with teams an managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering deadlines
- A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious
RLB is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All job applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, “race” (includes nationality, national / ethnic origins, colour) marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, gender reassignment, religion and belief.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for job