Associate Quantity Surveyor
Full Time - Europe, United Kingdom, London
This entry was posted on January 29, 2019.
Our Quantity surveying Team at RLB proactively manage the cost of a building project, from the initial design stages through to the building’s completion and sometimes even the costs incurred through maintenance and operation, once the building is up and running. We pride ourselves on the quality of our service to our clients and enjoy long term relationships with a large majority.
We are a sector focused business actively operating and investing in Commercial, Residential, Education, Sports, Nuclear and Retail clients and projects. Surveyors work in close contact with the client, advising them on financial and legal matters that arise during the project.
Overview of Role:
This role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive Associate Quantity Surveyor who can take responsibility for a number of projects, acting as the sole contact with each client as well as provide support to the existing team in the delivery of projects.
There will be a focus on professional work on a wide variety of selected projects ranging from £5m to £500m including:
- Commercial new build and refurbishment projects
- Major residential and mixed use developments
- Sports and Leisure/Stadium projects – both nationally and globally
- Data Centres
- The individual will be an integral part of a team that is accountable for the commercial and contractual performance of a project
- To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
- To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures
- Comply with established commercial/procurement/ contractual strategies
- Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
- Individually or as part of a team operate processes for the selection, appointment and management of construction and engineering contractors
- Cost Planning including:
- Preparation of indicative cost budgets and appraisals
- Preparation of elemental cost plans
- Provide advice and opinion in respect of our client development plans and expectations
- Value engineering studies
- Procurement including:
- Providing advice on procurement strategy
- Assembling and seeking agreement to long and short tender lists
- Preparing and issuing tender documents.
- Running a competitive tender process including managing queries from tendering contractors
- Managing and contributing to structured and documented tender evaluations
- Preparation of Contract Recommendation Reports
- Preparation of contract documents
- Complaint tenders
- Post Contract Quantity Surveying including:
- Scrutinising and verifying applications for interim payments
- Preparing certificates
- Managing change control in accordance with contracts
- Producing cost reports and cost forecasting
- Assisting Project Managers in preparing Early Warnings, Instructions and Compensation Events
- Attending progress meetings
- Promote commercial awareness throughout project
- Support formal dispute resolution process and contract close out strategy as required
- Advising and liaising with internal project and cost control team
- Developing Commercial Strategies
- Developing Acquisition Strategies
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar technical discipline
- Strong technical delivery experience
- Strong experience in Data Centres and/or Commercial
- MRICS or membership of other relevant professional body
- Ability to successfully manage complex projects in a proactive and diligent manner
- Strong Feasibility and cost planning experience
- Experience of providing procurement advice, tender documentation and post contract services
- Client facing, ensuring a high standard of technical delivery
- Able to build long-term relationships
- Previously employed by a consultancy or end user client
- Stakeholder management with a clear focus on developing client accounts
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering deadlines
- A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious
RLB is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All job applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, “race” (includes nationality, national / ethnic origins, colour) marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, gender reassignment, religion and belief.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for job