Company Health & Safety & Environmental Manager
Full Time - Europe, United Kingdom, Manchester
This entry was posted on March 6, 2019.
Overview of Role:
We are seeking a high calibre professional full-time Company Health & Safety, Environmental & Carbon Manager to review, develop and maintain SHE policies and procedures, which comply with new and existing standards and to ensure that all relevant health and safety and environmental legal requirements are complied with throughout Rider Levett Bucknall.
This is a exciting opportunity to join a small team of internal professionals who pride themselves on providing outstanding corporate QSHE guidance and advice.
RLB provides a wide range of consultancy health, safety and environmental services to external clients via several professional HS&E consultants including:
- CDM Services – Principal Designer, Principal Designer Advisor and Independent Client Advisor.
- Health & Safety Auditing
- Fire Risk Assessments
The successful candidates will work closely with the professional consultants and undertake regular audits of all services provided to external clients on construction projects.
Please note this is a full-time corporate role based from the Manchester office. The successful candidate must be flexible and willing to travel regularly and stay away from home if required. They must also hold a full UK Driving Licence.
Reporting to the Compliance Partner, duties will include (but not limited to):
Health and Safety:
- To provide health and safety advice and guidance to the Group on policy and the development of Health and Safety strategies including the implementation of the policy.
- To manage the certification process and achievement of ISO45001 and integration of current ISO9001&14001 systems with the new ISO45001 standard requirements.
- To measure, review and audit the management processes and H&S performances of the professional services and to report on the effectiveness of the measures taken.
- To advise the Compliance Partner of foreseeable H&S risks to the Group that could lead to enforcement or potential insurance claim.
- To ensure the Group’s employees are fully informed of changes in legislation, best practice and their relevant guidance notes.
- To provide accident statistics and reports on health, safety, and welfare. To investigate accidents and untoward occurrences and to ensure that the Group complies with the notification procedures to the enforcing authorities.
- To lead the design, delivery and evaluation of programmes for health and safety training to the Group including the ability to deliver internal awareness training on the CDM Regulations.
- To undertake all safety inspections in the workplace including Office, Fire and DSE risk assessments.
Environmental and Carbon:
- To provide environmental advice, guidance and implementation to the Group on policy and the development of environmental strategies that promote sustainable development.
- To advise the compliance partner on sustainable procurement for all goods and services and service agreements.
- Ensure compliance with environmental legislation, keep up to date with regulations and collect data to enable reporting to CDP, SECR and ESOS.
- Coordinate all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, environmental health and renewable energy.
- Prepare regular carbon management plans to reduce impact on environment in line with business strategy.
- Assist with implementation of best practice in areas of corporate, ethical and social responsibility and address any issues arising.
- Develop the environmental management system, maintaining ISO14001 certification, to continually improve the impact of the organisation on the environment.
- Manage the internal and external audit programme, liaising with office representatives and BSI as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will be committed to delivering high levels of customer service excellence with good commercial awareness.
Qualified candidates with experience in carbon management are encouraged to apply.
- Chartered Member of IOSH
- Practical experience within the ‘Client side’ construction industry.
- Excellent understanding of the CDM Regulations.
- Chartered Member of IEMA or recognised qualification in Environmental management (if not first specialism)
- Excellent understanding of carbon and track record in carbon emissions reduction
- Track record in management systems improvement and change management projects
- Excellent IT and communication skills
- Statistical analysis of data
- Previous experience in similar HS&E role
- Professional training qualification
RLB is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All job applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, “race” (includes nationality, national / ethnic origins, colour) marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, gender reassignment, religion and belief.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for job