Senior Health & Safety PD Consultant
Full Time - Europe, United Kingdom, Leeds
This entry was posted on March 20, 2019.
Overview of Role:
Are you a construction safety professional with experience in environment, health & safety with strong capability in CDM Advisor and Principal Designer duties? We are looking for a CDM Consultant to help in some of the UK’s most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding across a wide range of client sectors. The CDM Consultant will be focused on service delivery in the NE of England, having a significant contribution on client satisfaction by providing a motivated and committed approach to the provision of H&S/CDM/Principal Designer services.
So, if you are able to coordinate multiple aspects of programme delivery, build relationships with clients and have experience of successfully managing CDM projects. We provide a wide range of H&S services to our clients including the following:
- Principal Designer
- Principal Designer Advisor
- Independent Client Advisor
- Fire Safety Services
- Health and Safety Consultancy
Reporting to the Partner responsible for Health and Safety Services, duties will include (but not limited to):
- Working as part of a team to deliver the Principal Designer duty and CDM Advisor role
- Undertake site inspections and monitoring visits to determine health & safety compliance
- Attend project, design and other meetings, escalating issues as required by the project plan
- The role includes the capability to lead in the delivery of bid submissions.
- Development of new work and new clients, as well as maintenance of existing clients
- Ability to ensure projects are completed efficiently, to an agreed resource and commercial profile
- Advising clients on matters of Health & Safety standards and best practice affecting their business
- Develop the Health and Safety Service and assist in providing management financial reporting
The ideal candidate will be committed to delivering high levels of customer service excellence with good commercial acumen.
- Excellent communication, management and team working skills are required
- A thorough knowledge of the CDM regulations and associated legislation
- Educated to degree level in a construction related field with a preference for a design related degree
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate or similar technical / professional qualification, with a minimum 5 year’s post qualification experience
- Registered Member of the Association for Project Safety (IMaPS / CMaPS), with CDM 2015
- Chartered membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- To under-take a variety of projects within the UK and be prepared to travel throughout the UK
- Be prepared to overnight stay in hotel accommodation when required
- Ability to influence clients and contractors towards best industry practices
- Chair and coordinate design risk workshops / Produce and review risk registers
- Training qualification particularly delivering IOSH e.g. Managing Safely etc and / or APS e.g. CDM, PD etc. and / or CITB courses e.g. SMSTS, SSSTS, H&S Awareness etc
- H&S management system auditing with OHSAS 18001 Auditor/Lead auditor status desirable NVQ Assessor up to Level 5/6
- Experience in carrying out Fire Safety Audits/Fire Safety Risk Assessments (BAFE)
- Attained P402-P405 – Management of Asbestos in Buildings and worked with Clients/Principal Contractors in managing asbestos removal projects
- Experience of working on fast track national roll-out commissions
RLB is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All job applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, “race” (includes nationality, national / ethnic origins, colour) marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, gender reassignment, religion and belief.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
#LI-AH1Apply for job