Senior M&E Consultant
Full Time - Europe, United Kingdom, Sheffield
This entry was posted on April 11, 2019.
Overview of Role:
Due to our growing and diverse workload an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior M&E Consultant to join us to continue to grow our M&E offering within the Sheffield / Leeds Office.
RLB are looking for an individual to join our expanding design service within the Building Surveying Team in Sheffield / Leeds. Roles and responsibilities will include working within the existing M&E Consultancy team, along with supporting the Building Surveyors, Quantity Surveyors and PM’s to assist with design works and surveys on a number of local and national blue chip clients.
Within RLB there are vast opportunities to grow and learn new skills. Some of these can be provided with our in house ‘RLB Academy’ as well as supporting relevant training courses externally.
Ideal candidates will be design / survey orientated with proficient use of 2D drafting software in particular AutoCAD. We are looking for a bright and resourceful individual who is eager to grow their career as a designer whilst helping to add new skills to RLB’s in house services.
Reporting to the Partner / Associate responsible for M&E / Building Surveying team, duties will include (but not limited to):
- Preparation of M&E designs, including feasibility and briefing documents, including detailed calculations based on proprietary software systems (Amtech/ hevacomp etc).
- Representing RLB in client/ project meetings.
- Undertaking Building Services Condition and life cycle surveys.
- Asset capture surveys.
- Production of Feasibility study reports and acquisition reports.
- Preparation of design drawings and specifications for Tender / Construction, including detailed calculations based on proprietary software systems (TAS / hevacomp etc).
- M&E contractor / quality monitoring.
- Life cycle and cost estimate input.
- Assisting in house Building Surveyors, Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors to assist with project delivery where required.
- Competent use of design software, including AutoCAD, NBS, Amtech and Microsoft Office.
- Assist with ensuring Rider Levett Bucknall design standards are in accordance with relevant British Standards, Legislation and design codes.
- Actively contribute to Rider Levett Bucknall UK, sharing knowledge promoting ideas and innovation to constantly improve our design service.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Act in a professional and courteous manner in dealings with internal and external contacts.
- Electrical Bias
- Working towards chartered status.
- Technical background with a degree in Building Services/Electrical Engineering. HNC or HND candidates or other vocation qualifications would also be considered
- Previously employed by a consultancy, end user client or D&B Contractor (preferable but not essential)
- Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal
- Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interface skills
- Stakeholder management with a clear focus on developing client accounts and forging new business relationships
- A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious.
- Full UK driving licence, with own transport essential.
RLB is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All job applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, “race” (includes nationality, national / ethnic origins, colour) marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, gender reassignment, religion and belief.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
#LI-AH1Apply for job