Full Time - Europe, United Kingdom, Manchester
This entry was posted on April 12, 2019.
Overview of Role:
We are seeking a high calibre professional full-time Environmental Manager, with strong Carbon Management experience. Responsible for reviewing UK Company wide environmental policies, standards and procedures ensuring they comply with current and future legislative requirements and best practice.
This is a exciting opportunity to join a small team of internal professionals who pride themselves on providing outstanding corporate QSHE guidance and advice.
RLB provides a wide range of consultancy health, safety and environmental services to external clients via several professional HS&E consultants including:
- CDM Services – Principal Designer, Principal Designer Advisor and Independent Client Advisor.
- Health & Safety Auditing
- Fire Risk Assessments
- Sustainability services, including carbon, lifecycle, BREEAM etc.
The successful candidates will work closely with the professional consultants and undertake regular audits of Environmental services provided to external clients on construction projects.
Please note this is a full-time corporate role based from the Manchester office. The successful candidate must be flexible and willing to travel regularly and stay away from home if required. They must also hold a full UK Driving Licence.
Reporting to the Compliance and Business Improvement Partner, duties will include (but not limited to):
Environmental and Carbon
- To provide environmental advice, guidance and implementation to the UK Business on policy and the development of environmental strategies that promote sustainable development.
- Advise the UK Business on and ensure compliance with environmental legislation, keep up to date with regulations and collect data to enable reporting to CDP, SECR and ESOS.
- Advise on carbon strategy and prepare regular carbon management plans to reduce impact on environment in line with business objectives.
- Develop and deliver programmes to promote and enhance employee and stakeholder engagement, understanding the local Environmental drivers.
- Develop the environmental management system, maintaining ISO14001 certification, to continually improve the impact of the organisation on the environment.
- Manage the internal and external audit programme, providing expert advice to the management teams prior to and during audits. Liaise with office representatives and certification body, as appropriate.
- Coordinate all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, environmental health and renewable energy.
- Assist with implementation of best practice in areas of corporate, ethical and social responsibility and address any issues arising.
- To advise the compliance partner on sustainable procurement for all goods and services and service agreements.
- Deliver appropriate Environmental training to the UK Business.
The ideal candidate will be committed to delivering high levels of customer service excellence with good commercial awareness.
Qualified candidates with experience in carbon management are encouraged to apply.
- Chartered Member of IEMA or recognised qualification in Environmental management with a willingness to obtain chartered status
- Knowledge of climate change, sustainability and SHE legislation
- Excellent understanding of carbon and track record in carbon emissions reduction
- Track record in management systems improvement and change management projects
- Excellent IT and communication skills
- Statistical analysis of data
- Previous experience in similar Environmental / Carbon role
- Professional training qualification
- H&S management experience
RLB is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All job applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, “race” (includes nationality, national / ethnic origins, colour) marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, gender reassignment, religion and belief
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for job