Full Time - Americas, North America, Portland
This entry was posted on April 16, 2019.
Overview of Role
The Cadet will work beside the Project Manager/Cost Estimator in a planned undertaking with defined goals, work plans, timeliness and implementation strategies to correspond to client needs. The Cadet will be provided guidance and experience to assist them in achieving certification in their field and gain an understanding of the profession of Project Management/ Cost Management.
- Assists PM/CE in the development of the project goals, work plans, timeliness and implementation strategies
- Actively involved in revisions in the project components
- Assists with identifying decision-making issues and key stakeholders, develop and implement strategies to encourage and obtain stakeholder and/or community awareness and support and identify project partners
- Identify and coordinate with program committees and advisory groups
- Measure, evaluate and communicate project performance
- Construction consultancy familiarization and basic understanding of the processes
- Field verification of quality assurance processes.
- Cost estimating software familiarity and basic understanding of its uses and functions
- Assistance with project management services including: tracking schedules, keeping photographic records, addressing site issues, and spot checking construction progress, project life cycle
- Attendance at industry-related meetings and presentations as required by the client of supervisor
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Qualifying Degrees:
- Construction Management
- Construction Engineering Technology
- Construction Science
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Architectural Engineering
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Indoor office environment. May require work on site location when necessary.
- Equipment used includes: computers and standard office machines.
- Essential physical tasks include: the ability to work on a computer and the ability to answer and speak on a telephone. May require the use of a ladder on occasion.
RLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.Apply for job