Associate Quantity Surveyor
Full Time - Europe, United Kingdom, Manchester
This entry was posted on May 1, 2019.
Overview of Role:
We are currently recruiting a Chartered Associate Quantity Surveyor to join a client focused team for the Liverpool and/or Manchester offices. This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre individual to join and strengthen our Quantity Surveying team as well as play a strategic role in developing our North West presence.
This role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive individual to take responsibility for providing Quantity Surveying support for our professional services and project based teams on a number of interesting projects, with a strategic focus on the Commercial, Logistics, Further Education and Health sectors.
The role will be based to primarily serve the growing of the regional offering as part of Manchester and Liverpool wider team.
A strong track record in Commercial and Industrial sector delivery would be a key requirement and we would like to push for a candidate with both these sector experiences.
In terms of the candidate this should be someone who enjoys hands on project delivery, building and maintaining client relationships, helping to develop others within a team, they will be a key part of our growing Northern presence and they will be expected to get involved in targeted business development etc to help grow and deliver our offer in the area.
This role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive Associate Chartered Surveyor who can both take responsibility acting as the sole contact with clients and working as part of the wider RLB team.
The individual will be an integral part of a team that is accountable for the commercial and contractual performance of a project
- To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
- To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures
- Comply with established commercial/procurement/ contractual strategies
- Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
- Individually or as part of a team operate processes for the selection, appointment and management of construction and engineering contractors
Cost Planning including:
- Preparation of indicative cost budgets and appraisals
- Preparation of elemental cost plans
- Provide advice and opinion in respect of our client development plans and expectations
- Value engineering studies
- Providing advice on procurement strategy
- Assembling and seeking agreement to long and short tender lists
- Preparing and issuing tender documents.
- Running a competitive tender process including managing queries from tendering contractors
- Managing and contributing to structured and documented tender evaluations
- Preparation of Contract Recommendation Reports
- Preparation of contract documents
- Complaint tenders
Post Contract Quantity Surveying including:
- Scrutinising and verifying applications for interim payments
- Preparing certificates
- Managing change control in accordance with contracts
- Producing cost reports and cost forecasting
- Assisting Project Managers in preparing Early Warnings, Instructions and Compensation Events
- Attending progress meetings
- Promote commercial awareness throughout project
- Support formal dispute resolution process and contract close out strategy as required
- Advising and liaising with internal project and cost control team
- Developing Commercial Strategies
- Developing Acquisition Strategies
- Target and grow the presence of RLB in the Manchester and Greater Manchester area through targeted Business Development
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar technical discipline
- Strong technical delivery experience
- Strong track record of delivery on Further and Higher Education projects,
- MRICS or membership of other relevant professional body
- Ability to successfully manage complex projects in a proactive and diligent manner
- Strong Feasibility and cost planning experience
- Experience of providing procurement advice, tender documentation and post contract services
- Client facing, ensuring a high standard of technical delivery
- Able to build long-term relationships
- Previously employed by a consultancy or end user client
- Stakeholder management with a clear focus on developing client accounts
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering deadlines
- A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious
- Enjoy and be hands on with project delivery, building and maintaining client relationships
RLB is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All job applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, “race” (includes nationality, national / ethnic origins, colour) marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, gender reassignment, religion and belief.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: email@example.com.
Apply for job