Senior Construction Litigation Analyst
Full Time - Americas, North America, Denver
This entry was posted on May 9, 2019.
Overview of Role
The Senior Construction Litigation Analyst provides analysis on construction claims, schedules, and contracts.
- Understands and combines data from a variety data sources, to create and support meaningful project budgets, schedules, forecasts, and cash flow analyses for departmental team.
- Assists in identification and implementation of key metrics utilizing, external benchmarks, and internal data, by identifying important trends and variances through the review of management reports and financial analysis.
- Ability to provide expert testimony at trial or arbitration
- Review and opine on construction claims;
- Reviewing and commenting on construction claims arising from complex issues
- Analyzing impacts and delays using accepted industry methodologies
- Ensures contract policy compliance.
- Analyze quantum impact;
- Perform schedule impact analysis;
- Perform construction defect inspections and analysis;
- Draft expert opinion reports;
- Discuss and present findings with client owners, contractors, or attorneys;
The Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Construction Management, Architectural Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Structural Engineering, Cost Estimating or related field or paralegal degree with construction emphasis.
- Have drafted expert opinion reports; Experience working on construction projects and knowledge of construction contracts; Ability to read and understand construction drawings and project documents; Knowledge of construction schedules; Understanding of construction claims.
- Understanding the methodology for preparing or reviewing claims; Ability to perform legal research on construction claim issues to support expert opinions; Ability to perform workmanship and building code research to support expert opinions.
- Minimum 10+ years of working experience in Construction Litigation, Claims Damages, EOT Claims or similar field.
- Certifications required in any of the following: CFCE, PMP, PSP, AACE, Claims Forensics, Advanced Certification in Scheduling or similar certifications.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Indoor office environment. May require work on site location when necessary.
- Equipment used includes: computers and standard office machines.
- Essential physical tasks include: the ability to work on a computer and the ability to answer and speak on a telephone.
RLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.Apply for job