Full Time - Americas, North America, Phoenix
This entry was posted on May 15, 2019.
Overview of Role
The Cost Analyst role involves analysis of construction cost data from the company’s internal sources as well as several external sources and, based on that analysis, prepare a variety of reports including project, elemental and sector benchmarking, regional indices, and the like. Applies the principles and techniques of construction cost management and analysis to specific tasks. Responsible for analytical reporting on estimating, planning and controlling construction costs.
- Maintain and produce new and existing reports using a variety of different methods to provide cost and benchmark data to the corporate teams.
- Familiarization with the operating procedures for project controls. Calculate and prepare various comparison reports, charts and tables for end of project analysis.
- Input or update information, expenditure information, commitments and forecasts into a cost reporting system. Enter and maintain research data in appropriate program of record. Review of expenditure details, identifying incorrect charges, and design methodology in charge correction process. Establishes data accuracy and validity derived from a variety of systems to support business decision processes.
- Performs data analysis using statistical technique and assists in the preparation and delivery of decision support reports to both internal and external customers.
- Compile useful information from raw data, documents, educational/trained knowledge, and/or business models to identify and solve problems or streamline processes.
- Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements are appropriate per benchmark data and prepares itemized lists based on that data. Preparation of spreadsheets and a wide variety of routine cost analysis, cash flow, and other cost related evaluations. Formulate earned value reporting to measure project performance and progress analysis based on input from project leads.
- Master’s degree in construction management or related, and one year of experience as Cost Estimator.
- Specific skills required: Experience with cost engineering principles, decision support and methods including budgeting and forecasting; understanding change management systems/procedures; knowledge and use of industry estimating software and Microsoft Office software programs.
RLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the aboveApply for job