Administrative Assistant / Receptionist
Full Time - Americas, North America, Honolulu
This entry was posted on May 21, 2019.
Overview of Role
We are currently recruiting an Administrative Assistant / Receptionist to join a client-focused team. This is an exciting opportunity for a high-caliber individual to join and strengthen our office.
This role provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The position will be responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, requisition of supplies as well as additional clerical duties.
- Preparation of correspondence, meeting minutes and reports as requested
- Preparation of written responses or replies by phone, correspondence or e-mail when necessary
- Schedules and organizes office activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities
- Answers telephones
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system. Retrieves information from files when needed
- Retrieves, sorts and distributes mail for office
- General office duties (photocopying, binding, faxing, etc.) when requested.
- Tracks and orders office supplies
- May help with billings – preparation of monthly AR, depositing checks online weekly, coding of AP invoices and monthly credit card statement
- May help with data entry – expense reimbursements, monthly AR Resister and weekly bills
- May help with certified payroll reports
- May help with downloading data to various software
- May help with marketing administrative tasks such as data entry, marketing research, preparing proposals and RFP responses
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Preparation of FedEx packages and courier requests
- Orders lunch / food for meetings and other office activities
- Performs other duties as they may be assigned
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required: High School Diploma
- Minimum Experience required: 3+ years of previous office experience. Marketing experience, design software skills, and knowledge of the A/E/C industry is a plus
- Skills Required: Excellent communication, writing, and interpersonal skills necessary, with the ability to effectively consult and negotiate across all levels of an organization; intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and general clerical abilities required; intermediate typing skills (55+ wpm). Must be able to maintain confidentiality and show initiative
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Indoor office environment
- Equipment used includes: computers and standard office machines
- Essential physical tasks include: the ability to work on a computer and the ability to answer and speak on a telephone. May require the use of a ladder on occasion
- English and Japanese fluency preferred
RLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.Apply for job