Apprentice Quantity Surveyor
Full Time - Europe, United Kingdom, Thames Valley
This entry was posted on May 24, 2019.
Overview of Role:
We are currently recruiting an Apprentice Quantity Surveyor to join a client focused team within the Thames Valley office. This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre individual to join and strengthen our Quantity Surveying team.
This role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive individual to develop in all core Quantity Surveying services on a number of interesting projects, for a number of clients across a variety of sectors.
The Level 6 Chartered Quantity Surveyor Apprenticeship will lead to obtaining a RICS accredited degree and RICS Assessment of Professional Competence (APC) over the course of 4.5 – 5 years. Typically 4 days “on the job” training and 1 day “off the job”.
Our Quantity surveying Team at RLB proactively manage the cost of a building project, from the initial design stages through to the building’s completion and sometimes even the costs incurred through maintenance and operation, once the building is up and running. We pride ourselves on the quality of our service to our clients and enjoy long term relationships with a large majority.
We are a sector focused business actively operating and investing in Commercial, Residential, Education, Sports, Nuclear and Retail clients and projects. Surveyors work in close contact with the client, advising them on financial and legal matters that arise during the project.
- To provide quantity surveying & cost management support in the delivery of projects and assignments.
- To deliver elements of quantity surveying assignments under the supervision of more senior members of staff.
- To be able to take a simple brief from a more senior member of staff and act upon it.
- To provide all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner
- To provide general support to the teamMeet all the assessment requirements and expectations associated with your academic course of learning
- The individual will be an integral part of a team that is accountable for the commercial and contractual performance of a project, specialising in Mechanical and Electrical installations.
- Developing an understanding of the procurement process to realise best value
- Helping our clients to understand the potential costs of construction projects
- Assisting the team with producing cost plans
- Assisting the team with measurements and valuations
- Assisting with the management of costs through the construction phase of the project
- Agreeing changes to costs during construction
- Involvement in our specialist Academy scheme which will provide you with the knowledge and training to specialise in this subject
- Use their own time to study outside of the nominated study day
- Build your own network within the industry
- Supporting other peers in the Academy scheme and work as a team to achieve yearly targets and goals
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- A minimum of 96 UCAS Points. National Certificates and National Diplomas will be considered but must have good merit and distinction profiles (Excluding common skills)
- Mathematics Grade C or above at GCSE (Grade 4 for applicants holding newly reformed GCSEs in England)
- Grade C or above in English (Language or Literature) at GCSE or equivalent (Grade 4 for applicants holding newly reformed GCSEs in England)
- An interest in construction & the built environment, particularly in Mechanical and Electrical Installations.
- Have a good head for numbers & enjoys working with IT.
- Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Enjoys a challenge & has good problem-solving skills.
- Organised & the ability to multi-task.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to build long-term relationships
- A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious
RLB is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All job applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, “race” (includes nationality, national / ethnic origins, colour) marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, gender reassignment, religion and belief.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for job