Full Time - Americas, North America, Phoenix
This entry was posted on May 24, 2019.
Overview of Role
A construction scheduler plays a vital role in a construction project, helping to manage both time and resources to ensure work is completed on time. The job of a scheduler is to create timetables for the entire project, which includes determining the timing of tasks and when specific materials will be needed.
- Develops / maintains the fully resource and cost loaded Project Schedule in such a way that it meets contract requirements.
- Document and monitor project tasks and schedules. Maintains and backs up schedule files for each project in a timely and organized manner.
- Communicates status milestones and issues to project management team relative to time, budget and demonstrated results.
- Provides support to teams in assessing/documenting delays and impacts, alternate work plans and methods of construction. Provides support to project teams when delay(s) have been determined, based on Scheduling Procedure and document on schedule as necessary. Propose schedule recovery alternatives and mitigation strategies
- Coordinate with local Project Managers to establish and maintain data coding structures, project control tools, and quality data for budgets, contracts, change orders, trends and actual costs.
- Provide scheduling support to assigned projects. Prepares a Monthly Schedule Update Report narrative for each schedule update, which describes current project status, deviations, and identifies any/all critical schedule issues.
- Help to monitor and maintain project schedules.
- Participate in updating the master schedule and reporting.
- Assist Project Managers and Cost Estimators in developing and maintaining a project baseline schedule including resource planning and cash flow.
- Gather schedule information, update, analyze, and prepare reports of the project’s progress
- Prepare concise schedule narratives describing the status of assigned projects
- Ensure compliance with company scheduling standard operating procedures
- Maintain quality assurance and control on assigned project schedules
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required: BS in Engineering, Business or Construction Management
- Minimum Experience required: Previous experience as a Project Controls Manager on major capital programs.
- Skills Required: Scheduling and Project Management software programs and/or tools; extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, Project and Primavera P3 essential. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills and the ability to apply appropriate communication techniques to various individuals.
- Positive customer service orientation, with both internal and external clients is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required, demonstrating a consistent commitment and ability to work with diverse work groups and individuals
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Indoor office environment. May require work on site location when necessary. Overnight travel on occasion.
- Equipment used includes: computers and standard office machines.
- Essential physical tasks include: the ability to work on a computer and the ability to answer and speak on a telephone. May require the use of a ladder on occasion.
RLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.Apply for job