Assistant Financial Controller
Full Time - Americas, North America, Phoenix
This entry was posted on June 10, 2019.
Overview of Role
The Assistant Financial Controller will report to the Group Financial Controller. Primary duties will be to support the accounting department functions. Must have a thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures, and an eye for detail. Must be able to reliably carry out assigned tasks autonomously and collaboratively as needed. Must be well-organized, efficient, and able to prioritize effectively, and to assist other accounting staff in same.
- Support all aspects of accounting department functions, including acting as primary backup for AR and Payroll functions
- Become fully knowledgeable in all aspects of current accounting systems. Act as knowledge source for other company and accounting staff
- Assist in formulation of accounting policies, procedures and internal controls to comply with GAAP, company needs and goals, legislation and best practices
- Monthly reconciliations of key accounts, including preparation of journal entries as needed
- Assist in monthly closing and preparation of financial reports, including communication of reports to management
- Assist in responses to questions from staff and managers regarding accounting reports and data requested
- Assist in development of budgets and forecasts
- Assist in preparation for annual reviewed financial statements
- Assist Group Financial Controller in ad hoc information requests, as needed
- Manage company corporate registrations compliance and reporting (tax and regulatory) in all state / municipal jurisdictions
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or higher preferred. CPA Certificate required.
- Minimum Experience required: at least 5 years of supervisory experience in accounting
- Skills Required: Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures, experience with financial statement preparation – various types of entities, including subsidiaries and consolidations, excellent verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills, experience with all areas of accounting functions – this is a hands-on position, experience with multi-office accounting software systems, excellent knowledge of MS Office software, particularly use of Excel in accounting functions, experience in a multi-office, project oriented business environment extremely helpful.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Indoor office environment. May require work on site location when necessary.
- Equipment used includes: computers and standard office machines.
- Essential physical tasks include: the ability to work on a computer and the ability to answer and speak on a telephone.
- Experience with oracle, sap, or similar large ERP is required
RLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.Apply for job