Quantum and Delay Construction Claims Consultant
Full Time - Europe, United Kingdom, London
This entry was posted on July 5, 2019.
Overview of Role:
We are currently looking to expand our service offering in respect of claims consultancy work and looking to recruit Partner / Associate level Claims Consultants / Experts within the field of quantum and delay to join our team within the London / Birmingham / Leeds / Manchester offices. This is an exciting opportunity to strengthen our department and further develop the business by working closely with our existing clients and provide an added service offering as well as bringing in new clients to the business.
- Providing high calibre claims consultancy and / or expert witness services for quantum and delay on variety of construction claims.
- Providing technical and contractual advice.
- Supporting business objectives and our goal to maintain Customer Service Excellence.
- Successfully achieving the required level of business development and profit growth.
- Taking personal responsibility for delivering commissions independently, on time and to the required quality.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering service excellence with good commercial results.
The candidate will be responsible for delivering clients with effective and accurate contractual and claims advice, based on detailed and thorough analysis of project information in accordance with contractual entitlement. The candidate will also, working independently, be required to formulate formal delay, quantum and commercial claim reports incorporating logical and reasoned opinions based on contractual entitlement moving towards negotiation and successful resolution of claims or proceeding towards formal dispute resolution.
Candidates will, as a minimum, be RICS or equivalent qualified and, preferably have additional qualification in construction law and be able to demonstrate the following:
- Commercial management, claims and dispute resolution expertise.
- Experience in the development of claim and dispute resolution strategies.
- Extensive knowledge of the main standard form of contracts comprising the NEC, JCT and FIDIC.
- Ability to demonstrate successful delivery of commissions involving claims / expert witness appointments.
- Capable of working closely with clients.
- Ability to work individually as well as working within a team and be able to integrate and collaborate closely with other team members.
- Excellent communication skills.
RLB is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All job applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, “race” (includes nationality, national / ethnic origins, colour) marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, gender reassignment, religion and belief
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
#LI-KS1Apply for job