Senior Quantity Surveyor
Full Time - Europe, United Kingdom, Sheffield
This entry was posted on July 10, 2019.
Overview of Role:
We are currently recruiting a Chartered / Senior Quantity Surveyor with Retail sector background experience to join a client focused team within the Sheffield or Leeds office. This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre individual to join and strengthen our Quantity Surveying team.
This role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive individual to take responsibility for providing all core Quantity Surveying services on a number of interesting projects across the Retail sector.
The individual will be an integral part of a team that is accountable for the commercial and contractual performance of a project
- To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
- To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures
- Comply with established commercial/procurement/ contractual strategies
- Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
- Individually or as part of a team operate processes for the selection, appointment and management of construction and engineering contractors
Cost Planning including:
- Preparation of indicative cost budgets and appraisals
- Preparation of elemental cost plans
- Provide advice and opinion in respect of our client development plans and expectations
- Value engineering studies
- Providing advice on procurement strategy
- Assembling and seeking agreement to long and short tender lists
- Preparing and issuing tender documents.
- Running a competitive tender process including managing queries from tendering contractors
- Managing and contributing to structured and documented tender evaluations
- Preparation of Contract Recommendation Reports
- Preparation of contract documents
- Complaint tenders
Post Contract Quantity Surveying including:
- Scrutinising and verifying applications for interim payments
- Preparing certificates
- Managing change control in accordance with contracts
- Producing cost reports and cost forecasting
- Assisting Project Managers in preparing Early Warnings, Instructions and Compensation Events
- Attending progress meetings
- Promote commercial awareness throughout project
- Support formal dispute resolution process and contract close out strategy as required
- Advising and liaising with internal project and cost control team
- Developing Commercial Strategies
- Developing Acquisition Strategies
RLB is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All job applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, “race” (includes nationality, national / ethnic origins, colour) marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, gender reassignment, religion and belief.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for job