Senior Project Manager (Data Centre)
Full Time - Europe, United Kingdom, London
This entry was posted on July 16, 2019.
Overview of Role:
We are currently recruiting a Senior Project Manager with Data Centre experience to join a client focused team within the London office. To compliment a new data centre team, the individual will be working on high profile projects within the UK. This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre individual to join and strengthen our team.
This role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive individual to take responsibility for providing Project Management services through each project gateway on our Data Centre projects.
Whilst we envisage the primary role to support in the develop of the data centre team (in conjunction with the Project Management Partners), a degree of flexibility will be required to develop opportunities and work on projects in sectors other than Data Centres.
- To develop our data centre team working on new high profile projects in UK
- To develop targeted marketing material and capability statement relating to data centre projects
- To develop a pipeline of data centre opportunities
- To actively participate in the development of fee proposals and responses to RFPs
- To attend Client interviews as required securing new Clients.
- To oversee the successful delivery of the data centre projects (in conjunction with the Project Management partners) with a view to securing repeat business.
- To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
- To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures
- Comply with established procurement/commercial/contractual strategies
- Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in a similar consultancy environment and demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Technical – Understands technical aspects of project delivery from inception to post-completion and is able to identify and promote solutions. Good organisational skills.
- Managerial – Ability to manage a project from inception to post completion with Partner support, obtaining positive written client feedback.
- Behaviours – Recognised as a positive, collaborator who shares knowledge freely and offers support to his/her peers and seniors. Recognised as a team player within a project environment with a strong willingness to learn. Has a positive attitude and is disciplined.
- Experience – Industry experience, managing projects from £5 – £200 million) with established Data Centre experience.
- Built environment or construction related degree or a similar construction related qualification with extensive technical delivery experience in a similar role gained within a consultancy or end user client.
- MRICS or membership of other relevant professional body is preferred.
- Experience in delivering projects across Data Centre, Healthcare, or other highly serviced projects.
- Experience managing large and complex commercial projects from conception through to completion.
- Ability to identify and develop potential opportunities to secure more business for RLB.
- Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interfacing skills.
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines.
- A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable and flexible.
- Experience managing teams as well as line management duties is preferred.
RLB is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All job applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, “race” (includes nationality, national / ethnic origins, colour) marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, gender reassignment, religion and belief
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
#LI-SM1Apply for job