Associate / Senior Cost Manager
Full Time - Americas, North America, New York
This entry was posted on July 27, 2019.
Overview of Role
We are currently recruiting an Associate / Senior Cost Manager to join a client-focused team. This is an exciting opportunity for a high-caliber individual to join and strengthen our New York office.
The Associate / Senior Cost Manager is responsible for oversight of project cost control from inception to completion and adhering to the company’s quality standards and the client’s satisfaction. Employees in this position will interface with clients, consultants and designers to achieve the project’s goals and ensure that all project activities are consistent with Company policy.
- Manage the execution of commissions, including directly managing staff within the core service section, fee budgets and section and project profitability.
- Assist Principal with technical development projects.
- Assist Principal with customer relations and development of business opportunities.
- Identify and manage research and development projects into specific areas of technical expertise.
- Carry out the responsibilities delegated from time to time by the office Principal or President.
- Mentor staff and participate in company committees associated with the strategic plan.
- Carry out the current responsibilities according to their job role, i.e., cost estimating, project management, marketing, etc.
- Acts as lead individual for specific projects
- Manage estimating services for full project by developing project cost plans estimates (relating to construction, fees, direct work and other costs)
- Review estimates prepared by Estimating Team, prior to supervisor final review
- Attend client meetings
- Present estimates to client and project team
- Participate in and present value engineering studies, reconciliations, recommendations, and risk assessments
- Participate in design charrettes and design workshops
- Meeting with vendors to review, validate, and challenge costs, and reviewing estimates by utilizing benchmark data collected from other projects
- Prepares technical evaluations, cost estimating draft reports, memos, and letters and presents recommendations to management and client
- Advising client on strategies, managing prequalification of vendors, assessing proposals, bids, and bid leveling documents, making final recommendations to the client, attending & chairing bid interviews, and managing appointment process
- Assist with Request for Proposal (RFP) process by preparing documents, releasing RFPs, arranging mid-bid interviews, and creating bid analysis sheets.; draft reports, memos, and letters of recommendation to management and client
- Manage cost reporting by establishing reporting schedule, reviewing & presenting cost reports and forecasts, reviewing project budget & spend forecast with the client, developing & maintaining commercial risk register, and hosting periodic meetings with project team & vendors
- Manage cost control process by reviewing payment applications and liaising with project managers and recommend vendor payments
- Reviews requests for change orders from vendors & making recommendations to client and using dispute prevention/management/resolution procedures to manage payment requisitions, change orders, and contractual disputes
- Perform all the duties above through the use/preparation of Cost Estimating Software, Bid Analysis Sheets, and Change Control Forms
- Develop procedures governing handover of project
- Hold post-contract reviews with the client to establish a lessons learned document
- Undertake other cost-related tasks as directed by supervisor
- Assist with training and mentoring others
- Other duties as assigned
The individual will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required: Four-year college degree or technical qualification together with at least 8 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum Experience required: Knowledge and understanding of employee management, marketing and execution of technical services of at least one of the Company’s core services.
- Skills Required: Assessment techniques of examining, questioning, evaluating and reporting on the operational, financial and technical aspects of the section. Experience in planning, organizing, communicating and directing staff to achieve goals. Required to read and understand technical and non-technical documents related to marketing, fee proposals and contracts for the section’s services and the ability to interface with both clients and staff.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Indoor office environment. Occasional travel may be required for training purposes or undertaking office visits.
- Equipment used includes: computers and standard office machines.
- Essential physical tasks include: the ability to work on a computer and the ability to answer and speak on a telephone.
RLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.Apply for job