Assistant Project Manager
Full Time - Americas, North America, Denver
This entry was posted on July 29, 2019.
Overview of Role
We are currently recruiting an Assistant Project Manager to join a client-focused team. This is an exciting opportunity for a high-caliber individual to join and strengthen our office.
The Assistant Project Manager assists the Project Manager and Project Engineer with planned undertaking with defined goals, work plans, timeliness and implementation strategies to correspond to client needs.
- Actively involved in the development of the project goals, work plans, timeliness and implementation strategies
- Actively involved and/or responsible for revisions in the project components
- Reviews contractor submittals for compliance, customer contract requirements and related specifications
- Coordinates activities concerned with scheduling and resolving design and construction problems
- Evaluates and reports upon design changes, specifications and drawing releases.
- Monitors expenditures within limitations of project budget
- Planning and implementing tasks including coordinating the development of project scope, goals, work plans, timeliness, implementation strategies and measurement processes/methods for assessing progress toward goals and project outcomes
- Identify decision-making issues and key stakeholders, develop and implement strategies to encourage and obtain stakeholder and/or community awareness and support and identify project partners
- Identify and coordinate with program committees and advisory groups
- Administer project budgets, authorize expenditures and develop and monitor contracts
- Supervise project staff and provide direction to a project team
- May train and advise staff, project advocates and program participants
- Plan, facilitate and conduct meetings
- Measure evaluate and communicate project performance
- May supervise other project professionals or technicians
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Previous project management training with construction projects is preferred
- 4-year college degree in architecture, construction management or engineering science or related
- 2-3 years’ relevant experience or equivalent
- Efficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and MS Project and have experience with PowerPoint and some experience in project controls software
- Experience with procedures and processes of a general contractor are a plus
- Good communication and reporting skills
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Indoor office environment. May require work on site location as necessary
- Equipment used includes: computers and standard office machines
- Essential physical tasks include: the ability to work on a computer and the ability to answer and speak on a telephone. May require the use of a ladder on occasion
RLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.Apply for job