Senior Project Manager
Full Time - Americas, North America, Honolulu
This entry was posted on July 29, 2019.
Overview of Role
We are currently recruiting a Senior Project Manager to join a client-focused team. This is an exciting opportunity for a high-caliber individual to join and strengthen our office.
The Senior Project Manager will act as client’s representative in managing a project through its design stages from concept through construction within the client’s time and value constraints. The role is defined as a planned undertaking with defined goals, work plans, timeliness and implementation strategies to correspond to client needs.
- Supervise project staff and provide direction to a large and diverse project team
- Direct the development of project goals, work plans, timeliness and implementation strategies
- Manage and account for project budgets and contracts
- Identify and coordinate with program committees and advisory groups
- Administer project budgets, authorize expenditures, develop and monitor contracts
- Train and advise staff, project advocates and program participants
- Plan, facilitate and conduct meetings
- Measure, evaluate and communicate project performance
- Identify decision-making issues and key stakeholders, develop and implement strategies to encourage and obtain stakeholder and/or community awareness and support and identify project partners
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required: 4-year college degree in architecture, construction management or engineering science
- Minimum Experience required: 5-10 years’ relevant experience of management of staff including project professionals and/or technicians, managing major projects including development of project scope, goals, work plans, timeliness and implantation strategies, developing measurement processes/methods for assessing progress toward goals and project outcomes. Prior experience with developing and monitoring contracts required
- Skills Required: Expert in project management, including planning, development, implementation and evaluation of large, complex projects. Good communication skills required
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Indoor office environment. May require work on site location as necessary
- Equipment used includes: computers and standard office machines
- Essential physical tasks include: the ability to work on a computer and the ability to answer and speak on a telephone. May require the use of a ladder on occasion
RLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.Apply for job