Senior / Associate Quantity Surveyor - Healthcare
Full Time - Europe, United Kingdom, London
This entry was posted on August 1, 2019.
Overview of Role:
We are currently recruiting a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a client focused team for the London office. This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre individual to join and strengthen our Quantity Surveying team.
This role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive individual to take responsibility for providing Quantity Surveying support for our professional services and project based teams on a number of interesting projects, with a strategic focus on the Health and Life Science sectors.
There will be a focus on professional work on a wide variety of selected projects ranging from £5m to £500m including:
- Commercial new build and Fit Outs
- Mixed use and retail
- Hotel and Leisure
- Industrial and Distribution
This role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive Senior Surveyor who can both take responsibility acting as the sole contact with clients and working as part of the wider RLB team.
- The individual will be an integral part of a team that is accountable for the commercial and contractual performance of a project
- To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
- To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures
- Comply with established commercial/procurement/ contractual strategies
- Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
- Individually or as part of a team operate processes for the selection, appointment and management of construction and engineering contractors
Cost Planning including:
- Preparation of indicative cost budgets and appraisals
- Preparation of elemental cost plans
- Provide advice and opinion in respect of our client development plans and expectations
- Value engineering studies
- Life cycle cost studies
- Providing advice on procurement strategy
- Assembling and seeking agreement to long and short tender lists
- Preparing and issuing tender documents
- Running a competitive tender process including managing queries from tendering contractors
- Managing and contributing to structured and documented tender evaluations
- Preparation of Contract Recommendation Reports
- Preparation of contract documents
- Complaint tenders
Post Contract Quantity Surveying including:
- Support formal dispute resolution process and contract close out strategy as required
- Advising and liaising with internal project and cost control team
- Developing Commercial Strategies
- Developing Acquisition Strategies
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar technical discipline
- Strong technical delivery experience
- Strong track record of delivery on Higher Education projects,
- MRICS or membership of other relevant professional body
- Ability to successfully manage complex projects for multi-stakeholder clients in a proactive and diligent manner
- Strong Feasibility and cost planning experience
- Experience of providing procurement advice, tender documentation and post contract services
- Client facing, ensuring a high standard of technical delivery
- Able to build long-term relationships
- Previously employed by a consultancy or end user client
- Stakeholder management with a clear focus on developing client accounts
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering deadlines
- A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious
- Enjoy and be hands on with project delivery, building and maintaining client relationships
RLB is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All job applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, nationality, ethic or national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: email@example.com.
#LI-KS1Apply for job