M & E Consultant
Full Time - Europe, United Kingdom, Birmingham
This entry was posted on August 2, 2019.
Overview of Role:
This role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive Mechanical and/or Electrical Building Services Engineer who is familiar with producing M&E reports and who is proficient in identifying M&E Assets/Systems. The role will involve supporting the existing team in the delivery of various projects and stock condition surveys.
The role will require:
- Asset and component identification and capture.
- Good understanding of schematic drawings.
- Strong effective communication skills including clear handwriting.
- Full clean driving license.
- National travel during working days.
- Good H&S awareness.
- Delivery of Mechanical and Electrical condition data capture surveys.
- To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances.
- To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures.
- Comply with established commercial/procurement/ contractual strategies.
- Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards.
- Individually or as part of a team operate processes for the selection, appointment and management of construction and engineering contractors.
Cost Planning including:
- Provide advice and opinion in respect of our client development plans and expectations.
- Value engineering studies
M&E Surveying including:
- Undertake pre-survey meetings with client representatives.
- Building Stock Condition Surveys
- Populate the asset management system via tablet technology with data relating to the condition of the stock and surrounding areas along with other legislative requirements.
- Promote commercial awareness throughout project
- Advising and liaising with internal project and cost control team
- Developing Commercial Strategies
- Developing Acquisition Strategies
The ideal candidate will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role with good commercial results and encompass a realistic selection of the following qualifications and attributes:
- The individual will be an integral part of a team that is accountable for the commercial and contractual performance of a project.
- Engineering HNC or equivalent.
- Ideally a minimum 3 years’ experience in a supervisory/junior management position.
- Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute.
- Proficient in the use of mobile data capture device (if required).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interface skills.
- Can prioritise workloads and deliver to deadlines.
- A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious.
- The individual must be adaptable and willing to learn new skills relevant to the Building Surveying teams’ requirements.
- Excellent specification writing skills.
- Able to build long-term relationships.
- Being presentable and appropriately representing the code of conduct and ethics of your respective institutions.
- IT literacy and expertise in using tablet-based data collection technologies, Excel, Word.
- Self-motivated and able to work without supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate flexible approach to work.
- Well presented with good interpersonal skills.
RLB is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All job applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, “race” (includes nationality, national / ethnic origins, colour) marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, gender reassignment, religion and belief.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: email@example.com.
#LI-AH1Apply for job