Associate Heath & Safety Consultant Principal Designer
Full Time - Europe, United Kingdom, Birmingham
This entry was posted on August 23, 2019.
Overview of Role:
Due to our growing and diverse portfolio an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Health & Safety Consultant/ Principal Designer to join us, covering primarily the Midlands area, but with an expectation to work anywhere within the UK.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established team of consultants who pride themselves on providing outstanding Health and Safety guidance and advice, to a range of clients within both the public and private sectors from SME’s to large blue chip corporate clients.
We provide a wide range of H&S services to our clients including the following:
- Principal Designer
- Principal Designer Advisor
- Independent Client Advisor
- Fire Safety Services
- Health and Safety Consultancy
Reporting to the Partner responsible for Health and Safety Services, duties will include (but not limited to):
- Assist/Manage a team of health and safety professionals
- Provide Support to the Partner
- Assist in the completion of PQQ/tender documents
- Provide quality assurance & compliance support to the clients
- Visit sites and work alongside Principal Contractors and their Site Managers
- Conducting audits to include both general H&S compliance and topic specific audits.
- Achieve robust and positive safety practices
- Investigate incidents as and when required and report the findings
- Provide H&S advice, guidance, training and support across the client base
- Advising and instructing clients in the use of their health and safety management system and other relevant procedures
- Liaising with Enforcing Authorities on behalf of clients when required
- Advising clients on matters of Health & Safety standards and best practice affecting their business
- Develop the Health and Safety Service and assist in providing management financial reporting.
The ideal candidate will be from a Consultancy background and committed to delivering high levels of customer service excellence with good commercial acumen.
- A Chartered Member of IOSH (Chartered CMIOSH or FIIRSM)
- Incorporated Member of the Association for Project Safety (IMaPS) working toward Certified Member of the Association for Project Safety (CMaPS)
- Worked with Consultancies Practices
- Minimum 5 years H&S – CDM Management and experience at Client and Designer level
- Construction Experience and working as a H&S Consultant and Principal Designer (PD)
- Able to manage a variety of challenging diverse projects with minimal supervision
- A good working knowledge of UK H&S/CDM15 legislation.
- To under-take a variety of projects within the UK and be prepared to travel throughout the UK
- Be prepared to overnight stay in hotel accommodation when required
- Ability to influence clients and contractors towards best industry practices
- Degree level education in a construction related subject
- Training qualification particularly delivering IOSH e.g. Managing Safely etc and / or APS e.g. CDM, PD etc. and / or CITB courses e.g. SMSTS, SSSTS, H&S Awareness etc
- H&S management system auditing with OHSAS 18001 Auditor/Lead auditor status desirable NVQ Assessor up to Level 5/6
- Experience in carrying out Fire Safety Audits/Fire Safety Risk Assessments (BAFE)
- Attained P402-P405 – Management of Asbestos in Buildings and worked with Clients/Principal Contractors in managing asbestos removal projects
- Experience of working on fast track national roll-out commissions
RLB is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All job applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, “race” (includes nationality, national / ethnic origins, colour) marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, gender reassignment, religion and belief.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: email@example.com.
#LI-AH1Apply for job