Project Engineer II
Full Time - Americas, North America, New York
This entry was posted on August 24, 2019.
Overview of Role
We are currently recruiting a Project Engineer II to join a client-focused team. This is an exciting opportunity for a high-caliber individual to join and strengthen our office.
The Project Engineer II assists in the management, supervision or performance of planning, designing, constructing and/or maintaining structures and facilities. Evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making some substantial engineering adaptations and modifications to assigned aspects of project plans.
- Exercises and manages functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering projects
- Plans and formulates management processes and organizes project staff per project requirements
- Reviews design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements and related specifications
- Coordinates activities concerned with scheduling and resolving engineering design and construction problems
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications and drawing releases
- Controls and reports expenditures within limitations of project budget to the client and or senior staff
- Excellent communication and reporting skill
- Reviews project plans and proposals, then works with management to develop objectives. Identifies project responsibilities by determining the phases and elements of the project. Calculates time frames and sequences the stages of the project.
- Prepares and distributes a description and timeline of the project
- Studies product design, customer requirements performance standards, then determines project specifications. Presents cost estimates and performance standards
- Reviews contractor bids; interviews and assigns personnel to specific phases and elements of the project. Through project coordination meetings and other forms of communication, oversees and coordinates the technical aspects of the project
- Prepares status reports and regularly monitors budgets, contractors and schedules. Allocates project resources appropriately; approves expenditures; employee contractor contracts. Keeps an accurate record and electronic data base of all elements of the projects
- Maintains positive attitude and demonstrates the utmost in professionalism
- Completes work accurately and in a timely manner with the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrates excellent oral, written & communication skills, along with tact, diplomacy, and strong customer service orientation
- Prioritizes work activities and receives and assumes multiple job duties as assigned
- Maintains effective working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Follows RLB’s policies and procedures, including confidential proprietary information
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required: 4-year college degree in architecture, construction management or engineering science.
- Minimum Experience required: Three (3) to Eight (8) years of relevant proven experience.
- Skills Required: Efficient in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel and have experience with PowerPoint and Visio; ability to use and apply extensive knowledge for a specific engineering field. Experience with procedures and processes of a general contractor are a plus.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Indoor office environment. May require work on site location as necessary
- Equipment used includes: computers and standard office machines.
- Essential physical tasks include: the ability to work on a computer and the ability to answer and speak on a telephone. May require the use of a ladder on occasion.
RLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.Apply for job