Senior Construction Scheduler
Full Time - Americas, North America, Las Vegas
This entry was posted on September 23, 2019.
Overview of Role
The Senior Construction Scheduler plays a vital role in a construction project, helping to manage both time and resources to ensure work is completed on time. The job of a scheduler is to create timetables for the entire project, which includes determining the timing of tasks and when specific materials will be needed.
- Creates/develops/maintains master development schedules, fully resource and cost loaded project baseline schedules, and updated monthly project schedules all meeting contract requirements.
- Document and monitor project tasks and schedules. Maintains and backs up schedule files for each project in a timely and organized manner.
- Interface with project management, owner, and subcontractors on all scheduling related issues, including reporting requirements, progress status, and preparing time impact analysis.
- Work with project team on what-if schedules to analyze impacts of differing construction means and methods.
- Provides support to teams in assessing/documenting delays and impacts, alternate work plans and methods of construction. Provides support to project teams when delay(s) have been determined. Propose schedule recovery alternatives and mitigation strategies.
- Perform time impact analyses (“TIA’s”) for change order requests and delay claims.
- Prepare Monthly Schedule Update Reports for each schedule update, which describes current project status, deviations, and identifies any/all critical schedule issues.
- Prepare concise schedule narratives describing the status of assigned projects.
- Creation of schedule performance dashboards.
- Maintain quality assurance and control on assigned project schedules.
Highly Desirable Functions
- Preparation of delay analysis & time extension requests utilizing AACE Recommended Practice 29R-03 “Forensic Schedule Analysis.”
- Review and defense of submitted delay claims.
- Preparation of expert opinions and testifying in arbitration and litigation matters.
- Assist in mediation and negotiations.
- Expert in Time Impact Analysis (TIA), Contemporary Period Analysis, Window Analysis, As-built vs As-Planned, and Collapsed As-built methodologies for delay quantum.
The Senior Construction Scheduler shall demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required: BS in Engineering, Business, or Construction Management
- Minimum Experience required: 7+ years previous experience as a Senior Scheduler or Project Controls Manager on major projects/programs.
- Skills Required: Scheduling and Project Management software programs and/or tools; extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Primavera P6, ASTA Powerproject.
- Strong oral and written communications skills and the ability to apply appropriate communication techniques to various individuals.
- Positive customer service orientation, with both internal and external clients is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required, demonstrating a consistent commitment and ability to work with diverse work groups and individuals.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Indoor office environment. May require work on site location when necessary. Overnight travel on occasion.
- Equipment used includes: computers and standard office machines.
- Essential physical tasks include: the ability to work on a computer and the ability to answer and speak on a telephone. May require the use of a ladder on occasion.
RLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.Apply for job