Full Time - Europe, United Kingdom, London
This entry was posted on October 4, 2019.
Overview of Role:
We are currently recruiting for a Sustainability Consultant to join our team within the national Advisory team, to be based in London or Manchester. This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre individual to strengthen our department and further develop the business by working closely with our existing clients and developing new business.
The successful candidate will undertake the following key functions:
- Project management of entire BREEAM certification process from initiation to close out;
- Proactive development of opportunities for new sustainability projects, and acquiring new clients to grow service stream;
- Producing reports, guidance notes and general communications with the design teams to ensure quality and standards are achieved/exceeded;
- Achieving an outstanding level of engagement and communication with all key stakeholders;
- Delivering sustainability workshops, hosting project design meetings and client meetings;
- Managing a challenging and varying workload which can change at short notice;
- Identifying issues or risks that affect the delivery of a project, and identifying measures to address the issue/risk and agreeing with the team leader how these measures will be implemented;
- Willing to travel to various locations and to undertake BREEAM site inspections during the construction phase;
- Ensuring compliance with our Quality Assurance and Management Systems and with relevant Health and Safety Legislation.
- Provision of guidance on Regulation and Legislation change that will impact the built environment;
- Ability to work independently and under supervision as required;
- Assisting with BREEAM related bid and tender preparation and co-ordination;
- Flexibility to assist BREEAM Assessors in meeting business/project deadline
- Liaise with the Sustainability Manager to improve integration of BREEAM & other sustainability services into wider service offering.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Qualified BREEAM NC 2014 assessor with at least 3 years’ experience of delivering BREEAM New Construction assessments from pre-assessment to certification;
- Experience of submitting high quality written reports to BRE Quality Assurance;
- Awareness of sustainability standards including all BREEAM schemes, WELL Building Standard (qualified preferred), SKA, LEED
- Understanding of relevant legislation impacting sustainability and construction;
- Highly organised with project management skills including the ability to plan ahead and prioritise conflicting demands to meet deadlines;
- Excellent attention to detail and high standard of written English;
- Understanding of building services terms and technologies;
- Proficient in the use Microsoft Office packages e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook;
- Full UK driving licence and own vehicle (not essential for London)
- Well Certified Assessor / detailed understanding of the Well Standard;
- Educated to degree level preferably in an architectural, sustainability, environmental or construction discipline;
- Willingness to undergo further training on sustainability standards, e.g. LEED/WELL as required;
- BREAAM AP qualified;
- Proficient in BREEAM Management software such as IES Tap and Tracker+
- Commercial Awareness: strong business acumen combined with the creativity and vision to meet customer needs and RLB gains team commitment to a vision, able to motivate staff and provide direction and vision.
- Effective Communication skills: Able to adapt communication to audience and create detailed written documents and reports. Able to maintain and manage communication links with a variety of stakeholders. Presents a professional image and promotes the RLB Brand.
- Customer Focus: Takes time to question and understand the real, underlying needs of the customer, beyond those initially expressed. Always works closely with customers, developing an independent view of their needs and acting in their long term interest
- Influencing: Identifies and builds relationships with those who will be useful now and in the future in achieving strategic business objectives.
- Initiative: able to work alone to get results in an effective way. Understands and seeks to minimise waste in resources and processes. Adopts and encourages others to adopt new ways of working. Ability to work unsupervised.
- Team Player: Always willing to be involved in other activities to achieve company objectives. Works collaboratively and uses influence to gain resolution of issues. Demonstrates honestly, loyalty and commitment.
#LI-KS1Apply for job