Full Time - Europe, United Kingdom, London
This entry was posted on October 7, 2019.
Overview of Role:
We are looking for a Bid Manager to join our Central Bid Team to lead production of our work winning submissions. We believe in delivering a fresh perspective and independent forward-thinking solutions and our submissions are key to communicating this.
The Bid Manager will be based in London and play a key role in supporting business growth by leading bid production and delivering impactful and compelling work winning submissions.
You will be responsible for the management of tenders from receipt through to submission for a variety of clients across the built environment. This will include: contributing as well as reviewing information from others, ensuring timely completion and submission, and full compliance with tender requirements and RLB brand guidelines.
As part of the Central Bid Team the Manager will work with the National Bid Manager and wider bid team to deliver RLB UK’s national bid strategy.
- Follow bid management protocols and processes
- Follow RLB brand guidelines
- Act as a champion for our brand and policy document quality
- Act as a champion for bid management best practice
- Market research into current and future trends within the construction industry
- Capture, maintain and continue to improve bid collateral (bid answers, supporting documentation) through bid management software
- Opportunity tracking and management
- Monitor upcoming opportunities and lead pre-bid meetings and workshops
- Identify and distribute commercial opportunities through OJEU notices and various web portals
- Take the lead on bid production and planning
- Arrange bid kick off meetings and review meetings
- Agree bid win themes, key messages
- Draft tender responses where appropriate, focusing on benefits and value-add
- Edit and proof-read tender and bid documentation before submission
- Use corporate templates in Word and InDesign to produce high-quality documents
- Contribute to work winning collateral (project profiles, CVs, case studies, capability statements)
- Review and contribute to presentation material
- Obtain feedback on tender submissions and implement improvements
- Manage bid metrics and reporting
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent proof-reading skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to prioritise, and work well under pressure and deliver high quality work on demanding and multiple deadlines
- Very high standard of written English with copy accuracy
- Attention to detail in graphic design and layout
- Ability to edit copy and shape compelling responses
- Ability to write concisely and clearly
- Self-disciplined and confident
- Ability to work independently or as part of a group and use own initiative
- Ability to comfortably engage with multiple stakeholders, including colleagues and external suppliers, at all levels
- Offer ideas and creativity
- Proven IT skills in particular, Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- An understanding of professional services and/or construction industry
- Professional membership of APMP, CIM or another professional body is preferred
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite, especially InDesign, is ideal
RLB is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All job applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, “race” (includes nationality, national / ethnic origins, colour) marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, gender reassignment, religion and belief
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: email@example.com.
#LI-KS1Apply for job