Senior Health and Safety/Principal Designer
Full Time - Europe, United Kingdom, Bristol
This entry was posted on October 7, 2019.
Overview of Role:
Due to our growing and diverse portfolio an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Health & Safety/Principal Designer to join us.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established team of consultants who pride themselves on providing outstanding health and safety guidance and advice, to a range of clients within both the public and private sectors, from SME’s to large blue chip corporate clients.
We provide a wide range of consultancy health and safety services to our clients including:
- CDM Services – Principal Designer, Principal Designer Advisor and Independent Client Advisor.
- Health & Safety Auditing.
- Fire Risk Assessments Please note that this vacancy is based from our Manchester office, the successful candidate must be flexible and willing to travel and stay away from home if required. They must also hold a full UK Driving Licence.
- We are looking to further expand our health and safety offering into areas such as training.
Reporting to the Associate responsible for health and safety, duties will include (but not limited to):
- Act as Principal Designer or Principal Designer Advisor on small to large scale projects.
- Act as Independent Client Advisor
- Conducting audits to include both general health and safety compliance and topic specific audits.
- Advising and instructing clients on project team capability, management arrangements and other relevant procedures.
- Undertake accident or other special investigations to assist the client as required.
- Provide health and safety advice, guidance, training and support across the client base
- Assist in the completion of PQQ/tender documents
The ideal candidate will be committed to delivering high levels of customer service excellence with good commercial awareness.
- Proven experience providing client-side health and safety services within the construction or property industry.
- Minimum GradIOSH working toward Chartered membership of IOSH (CMIOSH).
- Minimum Incorporated Member of the Association for Project Safety (IMaPS) working toward Certified Member of the Association for Project Safety (CMaPS).
- Minimum Level 6 health and safety qualification (Level 3 if already chartered in design discipline).
- Good experience working under the CDM Regulations, carrying out roles such as Principal Designer, CDM Consultant, and the previous CDM Coordinator role.
- Wide ranging sector experience and working knowledge of large scale/complex projects.
- Excellent IT and communication skills.
- Professional training qualification.
- Chartered CIOB or RICS.
- Health and safety management system auditing with OHSAS 18001 Auditor/Lead auditor.
- Qualified Fire Risk Assessor – IFE or IFSM.
- Rail, highways and infrastructure sector experience.
RLB is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All job applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, “race” (includes nationality, national / ethnic origins, colour) marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, gender reassignment, religion and belief
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
#LI-KS1Apply for job