Chartered Building Surveyor
Full Time - Europe, United Kingdom, Bristol
This entry was posted on October 15, 2019.
Overview of Role:
We are currently recruiting a Building Surveyor to join a client focused team within the Bristol office. This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre individual to join and strengthen our team.
This role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive individual to take responsibility for providing all core surveying services on a number of interesting areas of property.
- To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
- To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures
- Comply with established procurement/commercial/contractual strategies
- Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
- Project Management
- Contract Administrator & Employer’s Agent
- Design & specification writing
- Pre-acquisition surveys
- Quadrennial surveys on listed buildings
- PPM and asset condition schedules
- Quality& Technical Monitoring
- Bank/Fund Monitoring
- Defects Diagnosis
- Measured Surveys
- Party Wall Awards
- Principal Designer
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Degree qualified in Building Surveying or similar technical discipline
- Experience in CDM
- NEBOSH is highly desirable
- Health & Saftey experience or training is essential
- Strong technical delivery experience
- MRICS or membership of other relevant professional body
- Ability to successfully manage complex projects in a proactive and diligent manner
- Excellent specification writing skills
- Good understanding of JCT Contracts
- Strong track record in project management of projects from inception to completion
- Track record of working with disparate stakeholders
- Client facing, ensuring a high standard of technical delivery
- Able to build long-term relationships
- Previously employed by a consultancy
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering deadlines
- A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious
RLB is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All job applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, “race” (includes nationality, national / ethnic origins, colour) marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, gender reassignment, religion and belief.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
#LI-DM1Apply for job