Associate Heath & Safety Consultant Principle Designer
Full Time - Europe, United Kingdom, Birmingham
This entry was posted on October 24, 2019.
Overview of Role:
Due to our growing and diverse portfolio an exciting opportunity has arisen for an Associate Health & Safety Consultant/ Principal Designer to join us, covering primarily the Midlands area, but with an expectation to work anywhere within the UK.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established team of consultants who pride themselves on providing outstanding Health and Safety guidance and advice, to a range of clients within both the public and private sectors from SME’s to large blue chip corporate clients.
We provide a wide range of H&S services to our clients including the following:
- Principal Designer
- Principal Designer Advisor
- Independent Client Advisor
- Fire Safety Services
- Health and Safety Consultancy
Reporting to the Partner responsible for Health and Safety Services, duties will include (but not limited to):
- Assist/Manage a team of health and safety professionals
- Provide Support to the Partner
- Assist in the completion of PQQ/tender documents
- Provide quality assurance & compliance support to the clients
- Visit sites and work alongside Principal Contractors and their Site Managers
- Conducting audits to include both general H&S compliance and topic specific audits.
- Achieve robust and positive safety practices
- Investigate incidents as and when required and report the findings
- Provide H&S advice, guidance, training and support across the client base
- Advising and instructing clients in the use of their health and safety management system and other relevant procedures
- Liaising with Enforcing Authorities on behalf of clients when required
- Advising clients on matters of Health & Safety standards and best practice affecting their business
- Develop the Health and Safety Service and assist in providing management financial reporting.
The ideal candidate will be committed to delivering high levels of customer service excellence with good commercial acumen.
- A Chartered Member of IOSH (Chartered CMIOSH or FIIRSM)
- Incorporated Member of the Association for Project Safety (IMaPS) working toward Certified Member of the Association for Project Safety (CMaPS)
- Minimum 5 years H&S – CDM Management and experience at Client and Designer level
- Construction Experience and working as a H&S Consultant and Principal Designer (PD)
- Able to manage a variety of challenging diverse projects with minimal supervision
- A good working knowledge of UK H&S/CDM15 legislation.
- To under-take a variety of projects within the UK and be prepared to travel throughout the UK
- Be prepared to overnight stay in hotel accommodation when required
- Ability to influence clients and contractors towards best industry practices
- Degree level education in a construction related subject
- Training qualification particularly delivering IOSH e.g. Managing Safely etc and / or APS e.g. CDM, PD etc. and / or CITB courses e.g. SMSTS, SSSTS, H&S Awareness etc
- H&S management system auditing with OHSAS 18001 Auditor/Lead auditor status desirable NVQ Assessor up to Level 5/6
- Experience in carrying out Fire Safety Audits/Fire Safety Risk Assessments (BAFE)
- Attained P402-P405 – Management of Asbestos in Buildings and worked with Clients/Principal Contractors in managing asbestos removal projects
- Experience of working on fast track national roll-out commissions
RLB is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All job applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, “race” (includes nationality, national / ethnic origins, colour) marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, gender reassignment, religion and belief.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
#LI-AH1Apply for job