Full Time - Middle East, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
This entry was posted on December 13, 2019.
Rider Levett Bucknall is an independent construction, property and management consultant. We bring a fresh perspective combining technical expertise and technology to deliver service excellence. Rider Levett Bucknall has had a local presence in the Middle East for over 30 years. Commencing practice in Saudi Arabia in 1982. Since 2007, we have grown rapidly and now have offices throughout the MENA Region where we have been involved in delivering some of the most iconic and innovative buildings in the region. Rider Levett Bucknall has also been recognised for the 13th consecutive year as a Top Employer for excellence in employee conditions. We are a global firm and encourage our KSA people to build global networks within the business and enhance their personal and professional development.
Our dedicated Project Management Team at RLB are responsible for seeing a project through from the initial planning stages to completion. Their main task is to break down projects into stages, taking responsibility for monitoring and managing the programme, cost, quality and risk of each stage of the project. We pride We pride ourselves on the quality of our service to our clients and enjoy long term relationships with them.
We are a sector focused business actively operating and investing in Commercial, Residential, Mixed Use, Sports and Retail clients and projects. Our Project Managers work in close contact with clients, advising them on financial matters, project risks, procurement and contract matters using our experience to provide an informed opinion.
Overview of Role:
Due to the continued success of our Saudi Arabia office, we are currently recruiting for a hands-on, transactional focused Project Director to lead a large-scale build programme of works in Riyadh.
The programme comprises a high-end, mixed-use portfolio of projects on a single master plan located in Riyadh, KSA comprising leisure and entertainment, residential and infrastructure assets.
You will join an existing client facing team and will be able to demonstrate a broad range of project/programme experience. The Project Director will be wholly accountable for the successful delivery of the programme and must have experience in setting up best in class processes and procedures across the programme. A background in a tier 1 PMC is essential.
This will be an extremely challenging yet rewarding role – working for a company with excellent growth plans in the Middle East.
- Provides vision, control and strategic direction for the programme
- Attend client meetings where strong diplomacy and leadership skills are essential
- Review and manage overall performance of the programme
- Reviews and maintains adequate and appropriate resources for the programme
- Maintains effective communication through the programme and through good stakeholder management
- Facilitates the translation of strategy into planning and delivery across the programme
- Ultimate accountability to the Client Representative for successful delivery of the programme
- Accountable for delivery of the Programme Baseline
- Responsibility for reporting against programme and securing client decisions
- Accountable for compliance with all company protocols, policies and procedures in relation to all project staff related matters
- Accountable for appropriate Health and Safety compliance matters being in place
- Provides leadership to balance value, quality, time and cost drivers in order to optimise the programme
- Leads, inspires, motivates and encourages a high performing team environment
- Provides strategic direction, governance and leadership
- Engage with Management and HR on all aspects of recruitment and personnel management for the project.
- Degree in Project Management or similar technical discipline is essential
- A chartered member of the RICS or CIOB is essential
- Vast technical delivery experience gained within a Tier 1 consultancy or end user client
- Proven tact and diplomacy in dealings with client organisations in the Middle East is essential
- Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interface skills
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines
- Inception through to completion experience in a senior role
RLB is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All job applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, “race” (includes nationality, national / ethnic origins, colour) marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, gender reassignment, religion and belief
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
#LI-KS1Apply for job