Managing M&E Quantity Surveyor
Full Time - Oceania, Australia, Melbourne
This entry was posted on January 6, 2020.
The Managing M&E Quantity Surveyor (Engineering Services) will report to the Director responsible for the Project; and the board of Directors generally.
To assist the Directors with the supervisory, promotional, technical and administrative aspect of the building engineering services across the Residential and Commercial Sectors predominately.
The Managing M&E Quantity Surveyor is directly responsible for the management of allocated technical personnel to ensure that the highest standard of technical competence and professional service delivery are being achieved. The position is also responsible for the management of the financial account of their project portfolio, as well as client relationship management and developing marketing opportunities.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your role will be responsible for carrying out and delivering Mechanical and Electrical Quantity Surveying services both pre and post contract quantity surveying duties as well as management responsibilities. Such duties are listed, but not limited to the provision or likewise of the following:
- Assist with office operation.
- Management of staff including performance assessment.
- Staff training and mentoring.
- Assist with recruitment
- Assist with Human Resources management and duties.
- Be aware of and develop marketing opportunities including following up leads enabling the development of new business.
- Maintain and develop good relationships with clients, take every opportunity to uphold and increase the profile of the firm as a provider of professional, premium quality services to
- the property and construction industry.
- To lead and deliver in all related aspects of quantity surveying / cost management from inception of a project through to completion and dealing with a number of project at the same time varying in complexity.
- Achieve the highest standards of professional competence and to demonstrate this ability in all dealings with clients and professional contacts, reinforcing the company profile.
- Achieve the highest standards of excellence in all areas whether
- it is personal and professional; administrative; or technical expertise.
- Assist graduates in their professional development
- Promote a positive attitude within the office, motivate staff and assist them to achieve the best possible work performance and behaviours.
- Project Cost Plans
- Project estimates for the various phases of a project
- Cost Control – planning, forecasting and estimation
- Feasibility Studies
- Bills of Quantities
- Cost Benefit Analysis
- Value Management
- Risk Analysis
- Benchmarking Analysis
- Dispute Resolution
- Litigation Services
- Tender Analysis
- Contract Advice / Documentation
- Procurement Advice
- Project Cashflows
- Post Contract Services, including:
- Assessment of progress claims
- Assessment of contract variations including extension of time claims
- Financial Statements
- Cost Reports
- Programme Assessment
- Financier Quantity Surveying Services
- Independent Certification
- Contract Administration
- Due Diligence
- Lifecycle Analysis
- Management of project teams to meet deadlines within fee budgets.
- Client presentations
- Attending industry functions / events
- Assisting in pitching for new projects
- Tender interviews
- Preparation of tender submissions
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
As a Managing M&E Quantity Surveyor you will require a broad range of key skills and attributes to adequately satisfy the expectations of the role. These include, but are not limited to:
- Strong technical knowledge across Electrical, Mechanical trades and competent in balance of engineering services
- Strong, clear and effective communication and negotiation.
- Team orientated
- Good interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive construction industry knowledge
- Ability to lead and manage teams
- Reporting abnormalities in workload and ability to put action plans in place to deliver workload under severe time constraints.
- Sound technical skills including measurement, pricing, cost analysis, tender comparisons and the like.
- Lateral and analytical thought process
- Take and provide clear instruction, direction and support
- Mentoring of junior staff
- Pro-active mind set
- Sound decision making ability
- Ability to manage time and resources within agreed boundaries
- Sound report writing and presentation skills
- IT skills – proficient in Microsoft suite of software, in particular MS Word and Excel; proficient in document management systems e.g.
- Well-presented and professional approach
- Adhere and promote office policies and procedures and enforce with subordinates.
- Awareness of sustainability rating tools such as: Green Star; NABERs; NatHERS; WELL’s; and Living Building Challenge, and associated cost impacts.
- Keeping abreast of industry trends; changes; market conditions; technology; cost information; legislation and policies; building methods; materials; innovations; sustainability; etc.
- Adhere to RLB core values.
- Ability to market the firm.
- Ability to source, create and follow up leads to create business.
- Client management and networking.
RLB is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All job applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, “race” (includes nationality, national / ethnic origins, colour) marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, gender reassignment, religion and belief.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: email@example.com.
#LI-AH1Apply for job