Senior Business Development Manager
Full Time - Europe, United Kingdom, Birmingham
This entry was posted on January 30, 2020.
Overview of Role:
We are currently recruiting a Senior Business Development Manager to join our Regional Office in Birmingham.
This role will play a key role in supporting the Regional business growth by being an active lead member of the Business Development team in Birmingham.
The role will take the lead on the Sales of our regional business including setting our strategic regional sales plan. You will also have the line Management to our existing Business Development Manager and support and, have active participation with our National Sales and Marketing team to ensure that the region is always on point with our national strategy
In addition, the role will be responsible for the Birmingham’s regional sector champions and work alongside our national sector champions.
- Ownership of the regional sales function
- Develop a robust pipeline of opportunities for Birmingham, including prospective clients and one-off “must win” commissions.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Develop relationships with new and existing clients; provide needs-based solutions through a strategic consulting sales process.
- Identify target clients, and the decision makers within the client organisation.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Liaise with sector leaders to identify target clients, and the decision makers within their client organisations
- Identify referrers and influencers and ensure attendance to key events and hospitality functions
- Ensure data on new leads and target clients is kept up to date in Folio and CRM’s systems
- Act as a brand ambassador at all times during meetings with target clients and influencers
- Focus on Return on Investment
- Identify opportunities for campaigns that will generate new leads.
Network and Sales
- Lead sector leaders in targeting the right companies and individuals
- Formulate individual plans to target specific companies, with the support of marketing & client liaison manager
- Meet architects, consultants and contractors to keep abreast of market trends and targets
- Gain knowledge of competition, their plans and key focus
- Attend morning, day time and evening events for networking purposes
- Attend B2B meeting and ensure follow up takes place
- Make introductions to new customers and inform them about RLB
- Cold calling to introduce our business, follow leads or general opportunities
- Manage internal trackers (leads, B2B, etc.)
- Action and follow up findings from the SPRs
- Responsible for the full sales and bid cycle including lead generation, pursuit and capture planning.
- Develop a plan to achieve revenue and margin targets, and achieving those goals.
- Forecast sales and bids targets.
- Liaise with Bid Coordinator to prepare proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns and objectives.
- Work with Bid Coordinator to ensure that prerequisites (like pre-qualification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
Bids, presentations, collateral
- Adapt presentation material and collateral prior to meeting clients or as a follow up
- Update collateral to ensure documents meet clients’ needs
- Working alongside the national marketing & bid coordinator, implement the full sales and bid cycle in London including lead generation, pursuit and capture planning.
Service Performance Review Programme
- Ensure customer reviews (Service Performance Reviews) with identified clients are scheduled and completed.
- Use feedback to implement improvements.
Key Account Management
- Track and record activity on Key Accounts.
- Drive client relationship management, best practice and agree strategies to service KAM accounts.
Liaise with Central Marketing and PR
- Generate awareness and interest with new and potential clients.
- Prepare proposals, pitches and collateral that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Use intelligence from networking to facilitate new introductions
- Share market intelligence and trends to allow the Regional Office to lead key topical events for clients and targets
- Keep abreast of clients and targets in the news and share accordingly
- Research new companies and contacts.
- Support and attend industry functions, hospitality events, corporate events and seminars in London, to raise the profile among clients, targets, influencers and the press.
- Within the team, create calendar of events affecting the Birmingham office, organise and implement industry functions, hospitality events, corporate events and exhibitions.
- Provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Focus on Return on Investment, budget management and control.
- Success in this position will require a senior dynamic individual with high energy and motivation:
- Teamwork and strong communication skills
- Strong business development skills and the ability to develop high quality and creative opportunities.
- Knowledge of the construction market
- IT fluency: word, excel, PowerPoint and knowledge of graphic applications including InDesign
- The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail, full compliance and passionate about our brand standards
- Excellent time management and organisation
RLB is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All job applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, “race” (includes nationality, national / ethnic origins, colour) marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, gender reassignment, religion and belief
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: email@example.com.
#LI-AH1Apply for job