Full Time - Americas, North America, Las Vegas
This entry was posted on February 11, 2020.
Overview of Role
The Construction Paralegal will provide a full range of legal administrative support to our construction advisory team.
- Review documents and draft fact summaries / chronologies
- Track and update internal case dockets for litigation matters
- Assist in the preparation of responses to requests for production of documents
- Assist with witness interviews and deposition preparation
- Assist with all aspects of document management, including e-discovery on variety of hosted platforms
- Organize and maintain files from the inception of the case through the completion
- Assist with billings and invoicing in the advisory department
- Ability to manage deposition and hearing preparation including travel, exhibits, and charts
- Independently obtain, review and organize construction project records and documents
- Ability to independently handle multiple priorities and deadlines while simultaneously functioning smoothly as part of a team in a close-knit environment
- Case management software experience
- Experience with time and billing software, and invoicing clients
- Willing to be flexible when needed to perform the job at hand
- Have trial / arbitration experience and be proficient in Relativity, MS Office Suite, and be able to multi task in a busy environment.
- Other duties as required
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required: Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal studies highly preferred
- Minimum Experience required: at least three (3) years’ experience as a Paralegal in a construction practice setting
- Skills Required: Highly organized, strong attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to work under minimal supervision, excellent computer skills
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Indoor office environment. May require work on site location when necessary.
- Equipment used includes computers and standard office machines.
- Essential physical tasks include: the ability to work on a computer and the ability to answer and speak on a telephone.
RLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.Apply for job