Project Engineer III
Full Time - Americas, North America, Tucson
This entry was posted on February 24, 2020.
Overview of Role
We are currently recruiting a Project Engineer III to join a client-focused team. This is an exciting opportunity for a high-caliber individual to join and strengthen our office.
The Project Engineer III is responsible for hands-on project management and development of projects from initial planning through preparation of construction documents and permitting. This position provides leadership of project team(s) and communicates with clients to assure quality and timely completion of projects.
- Manages complex large construction projects to include Hospitality, healthcare, airports, etc. Exercises and manages functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering projects
- Plans and formulates management processes and organizes project staff per project requirements
- Implements quality controls with review and design compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements and related specifications
- Manages staff and activities concerned with scheduling and resolving engineering design and construction problems
- Provides direct oversight and evaluates/approves design changes, specifications and drawing releases
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget. Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Reviews project plans and proposals, then works with client to develop project objectives. Identifies project responsibilities by determining the phases and elements of the project. Calculates time frames and sequences the stages of the project
- Prepares and distributes a description and timeline of the project
- Studies product design, customer requirements performance standards, then determines project specifications. Presents cost estimates and performance standards
- Reviews contractor bids; interviews and assigns personnel to specific phases and elements of the project. Through project coordination meetings and other forms of communication, oversees and coordinates the technical aspects of the project
- Prepares status reports and regularly monitors budgets, contractors and schedules. Allocates project resources appropriately; approves expenditures; employee contractor contracts. Keeps an accurate record and electronic data base of all elements of the projects
- Maintains positive attitude and demonstrates the utmost in professionalism
- Completes work accurately and in a timely manner with the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrates excellent oral, written & communication skills, along with tact, diplomacy, and strong customer service orientation
- Prioritizes work activities and receives and assumes multiple job duties as assigned
- Maintains effective working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Follows RLB’s policies and procedures, including confidential proprietary information
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required: 4-year college degree in architecture, construction management or engineering science.
- Minimum Experience required: Requires over eight (8) years of relevant proven experience.
- Skills Required: Efficient in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel and have experience with PowerPoint and Visio; ability to use and apply extensive knowledge for a specific engineering field and budget and timeline software. Experience with procedures and processes of a general contractor.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Indoor office environment. May require work on site location as necessary
- Equipment used includes: computers and standard office machines.
- Essential physical tasks include: the ability to work on a computer and the ability to answer and speak on a telephone. May require the use of a ladder on occasion.
RLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.Apply for job