Full Time - Americas, North America, San Francisco
This entry was posted on February 25, 2020.
Overview of Role
We are currently recruiting a Project Manager to join a client-focused team. This is an exciting opportunity for a high-caliber individual to join and strengthen our office.
The Project Manager will maintain a primary focus on practice related services (management of the delivery of all project management related services) and a secondary focus on internal business operations (active engagement with business development). The successful candidate will have significant independent responsibility for assignments including entire projects as determined by the manager in situations where the project scope and complexity are limited.
- Maintain and produce new and existing reports using a variety of different methods to provide cost and benchmark data to the corporate teams
- Plan, organize, and direct the project management functions for assigned construction projects within the program
- Develop project budgets, review budgets for active construction projects, and monitor adherence to project budgets
- Develop and review project schedules and interact with project managers, construction managers, and contractors to facilitate adherence to schedules
- Serve as liaison with clients, assist clients with all project related decisions, and oversee the development of specific service proposals for those clients
- Coordinate project management functions with other disciplines
- Develop and recommend efficient staffing levels consistent with workload, and assign project managers and field personnel accordingly
- Monitor payments to contractors and develop efficient practices for timely payment in conformance with contractual and statutory requirements
- Work with In-House-Counsel to resolve construction related disputes, claims, and litigation
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Construction Management, Architectural Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Structural Engineering, Cost Estimating or related field
- 5-10 years’ experience in construction management in a variety of building types from program, conceptual, schematic, design development and construction document stages of design in elemental and CSI format at a mid-senior level
- Practical and logical qualities and a methodical thinker; good problem-solving skills, strong numeracy and financial management skills; ability to write clear and precise reports and relate complex information to a diverse range of people. Knowledge and use of industry estimating software and Microsoft Office software programs
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Indoor office environment. May require work on site location as necessary
- Equipment used includes: computers and standard office machines.
- Essential physical tasks include: the ability to work on a computer and the ability to answer and speak on a telephone. May require the use of a ladder on occasion.
RLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.Apply for job