Project Engineer I
Full Time - Americas, North America, Maui
This entry was posted on March 10, 2020.
Overview of Role
We are currently recruiting a Project Engineer I to join a client-focused team. This is an exciting opportunity for a high-caliber individual to join and strengthen our office.
The Project Engineer I will aid project management staff by coordinating design and construction field activities by planning, organizing and controlling elements of the project while under the direction of the PE-II or PE-III. The Project Engineer I, assists in the management, supervision or performance of planning, designing, constructing and/or maintaining structures and facilities. Evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making some substantial engineering adaptations and modifications to assigned aspects of project plans.
- Coordinates and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering projects. Ability to set up standard project files
- Reviews design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements and related specifications
- Coordinates activities concerned with scheduling and resolving engineering design and construction problems
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications and drawing releases
- Reviews and controls expenditures within limitations of project budget
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Communicates with the Senior Project Engineer on any issue that need to be evaluated.
- Maintains positive attitude and demonstrates the utmost in professionalism
- Completes work accurately and in a timely manner with the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrates excellent oral, written & communication skills, along with tact, diplomacy, and strong customer service orientation
- Prioritizes work activities and receives and assumes multiple job duties as assigned
- Maintains effective working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Follows RLB’s policies and procedures, including confidential proprietary information
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required: 4-year college degree in architecture, construction management or engineering science
- Minimum Experience required: Entry level up to five (5) years relevant construction experience
- Skills Required: Efficient in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel and have experience with PowerPoint and Visio; ability to use and apply extensive knowledge for a specific engineering field. Experience with procedures and processes of a general contractor are a plus
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Indoor office environment. May require work on site location as necessary
- Equipment used includes: computers and standard office machines.
- Essential physical tasks include: the ability to work on a computer and the ability to answer and speak on a telephone. May require the use of a ladder on occasion.
RLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.Apply for job