Project Manager / Senior Project Manager
Full Time - Europe, Scotland, Edinburgh
This entry was posted on March 11, 2020.
Overview of Role:
We are currently recruiting a retail focused Project Manager / Senior Project Manager to join our national team based in Central Scotland. This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre individual to join and strengthen our team. This role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive individual to take responsibility for providing all project and programme management services on a number of interesting projects. The role will be predominately retail sector and specific experience of multi-site retail roll out project experience is required
- To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
- To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures
- Comply with established procurement/commercial/contractual strategies
- Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
- Management and preparation of key stage reports from feasibility through to completion and post-handover
- Preparation of various programmes
- Management of meetings, taking and preparation of minutes
- Preparation of progress reports and presentation at monthly client meetings
- Running a competitive tender process including managing queries from tendering contractors
- Managing multiple projects on ‘LIVE’ operational sites
- Assistance with the preparation of contract documents
- Management of multi-disciplinary project teams
- Working knowledge of various forms of building contracts
- Experience of Administering building contracts
- Retail sector and specific experience of multi-site retail roll out project experience taking full ownership from project brief to final completion and occupation
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Construction Project Management degree or a similar construction related qualification with extensive technical delivery experience in a similar role gained within a consultancy or end user client.
- Ability to work on own initiative is imperative being part of a UK wide team
- Strong Property and Retail experience
- Ideally MRICS or equivalent professional qualification (e.g. MCIOB) but not essential. Must be willing to achieve this within 18 months if not already qualified.
- Ability to identify and develop potential opportunities to secure more business for RLB
- Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interface skills.
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines.
- A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable and flexible.
- Take responsibility to manage a team across disciplines on certain programmes.
RLB is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All job applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, “race” (includes nationality, national / ethnic origins, colour) marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, gender reassignment, religion and belief
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for job