Digital Transformation Specialist
Full Time - Americas, North America, Phoenix
This entry was posted on March 17, 2020.
- Improve implementation of BIM across the practice, including working with RLB UK on;
- Application of Microsoft BI to our proprietary cost management software;
- Automating quantity extraction; and
- Seek out, evaluate and recommend steps / software for moving towards increased automation of cost management.
- Refine digital cost capture system and harvesting process to provide RLB NA with an extensive, useable, cost database.
- Mentor staff to maintain the database and keep it current.
- Develop and/or educate management on opportunities for digital advancement.
- Review and monitor RLB’s BIM standards, and share the information within the company
- Review standardization of measurement and make recommendation for improvement of processes.
- Technical software evaluation and recommendation.
- Work with the training coordinator to develop an improved digital training program
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required: 4-year college degree in Computer Science, Construction Management, Structural Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Cost Estimating or equivalent recognized technical qualification.
- Minimum Experience required: 5-10 years’ relevant experience in construction cost estimating of a variety of building types from program, BIM Modeling software, conceptual, schematic, design development and construction document stages of design in elemental and CSI format for all architectural, structural, and civil components of new construction and renovation projects. Some MEP estimating experience preferred. AACE International and/or Certified Cost Professional preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of execution of cost management services; good planning, organization and communication skills essential. Understanding of technical and non-technical documents related to cost management services required. Knowledge and use of industry-estimating software and Microsoft Office software programs.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Indoor office environment. May require work on site location when necessary
- Equipment used includes: computers and standard office machines
- Essential physical tasks include: the ability to work on a computer and the ability to answer and speak on a telephone. May require the use of a ladder on occasion
RLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.Apply for job