Senior Building Surveyor
Full Time - Europe, United Kingdom, London
This entry was posted on March 17, 2020.
Overview of Role:
Our dedicated Building Surveying Team at RLB proactively manage and undertake surveys, formulate designs and specifications, administrate projects and programmes plus various other bespoke services to ensure our clients estate remains well maintained and achieves its full potential. We additionally provide extensive commercial services which include dilapidation’s, lease advice and pre-acquisition surveys. We pride ourselves on the quality of our service to our clients and enjoy long term working relationships.
We are sector focused business actively operating and investing in Commercial, Residential, Education, Sports, Nuclear and Retail clients and projects. Surveyors work in close contact with the client, advising them on legal and financial matters that arise during the project.
We are currently recruiting a Senior Building Surveyor to join a client focused team within our London office. This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre individual to support the partner to build and lead a team of building surveyors serving projects in the South East and beyond across a range of sectors.
- To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
- To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures
- Comply with established procurement/commercial/contractual strategies
- Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
- Professional Skills:
- Project Management
- Contract Administrator & Employer’s Agent
- Design & specification writing
- Pre-acquisition surveys
- Quadrennial surveys on listed buildings
- PPM and asset condition schedules
- Quality& Technical Monitoring
- Bank/Fund Monitoring
- Defects Diagnosis
- Measured Surveys
- Party Wall Awards
- Principal Designer
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Degree qualified in Building Surveying or similar technical discipline
- Experience in CDM
- Previous experience in Principal Designer role
- CMIOSH or equivalent would be advantageous
- Health & Safety experience or training is essential
- Strong technical delivery experience
- MRICS or membership of other relevant professional body
- Ability to successfully manage complex projects in a proactive and diligent manner
- Excellent specification writing skills
- Good understanding of both JCT and NEC Contracts
- Strong track record in project management of projects from inception to completion
- Track record of working with disparate stakeholders
- Client facing, ensuring a high standard of technical delivery
- Able to build long-term relationships
- Previously employed by a consultancy
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering deadlines
- A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious
RLB is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All job applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, “race” (includes nationality, national / ethnic origins, colour) marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, gender reassignment, religion and belief.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
#LI-DM1Apply for job