Construction Cost Analyst
Full Time - Americas, North America, Phoenix
This entry was posted on April 7, 2020.
Overview of Role
The Construction Cost Analyst role involves an in-depth study analysis of construction cost data from the company’s internal sources as well as several external sources and, based on that analysis, prepare a variety of reports including project, elemental and sector benchmarking, regional indices, and the like. Applies the principles and techniques of construction cost management and analysis to specific tasks. Responsible for analytical reporting on estimating, planning and controlling construction costs.
- Maintain and produce new and existing reports using a variety of different methods to provide cost and benchmark data to the corporate teams.
- Familiarization with the operating procedures for project controls. Calculate and prepare various comparison reports, charts and tables for end of project analysis.
- Input or update information, expenditure information, commitments and forecasts into a cost reporting system.
- Enter and maintain research data in appropriate program of record. Review of expenditure details, identifying incorrect charges, and design methodology in charge correction process. Establishes data accuracy and validity derived from a variety of systems to support business decision processes.
- Performs data analysis using statistical techniques.
- Assists in the preparation and delivery of decision support reports to both internal and external customers.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Compile useful information from raw data, documents, personal knowledge, and/or business models to identify and solve problems or streamline processes.
- Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements are appropriate per benchmark data and prepares itemized lists based on that data.
- Preparation of spreadsheets and a wide variety of routine cost analysis, cash flow, and other cost related evaluations.
- Formulate earned value reporting to measure project performance and progress analysis based on input from project leads.
- Print and distribute technical and administrative reports, assembly of monthly report packages and industry data benchmarking to the appropriate individuals.
- Have a good working knowledge of work outcomes for each project.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Education required: Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Cost Accounting Structural Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Cost Estimating, Construction Management, equal years of experience or a related field.
- Experience with cost engineering principles, decision support and methods including budgeting and forecasting. Able to present data to management in an organized fashion.
- Understanding with change management systems/procedures.
- Minimum Experience required: 3 years’ experience in construction cost estimating analysis of a variety of building types from program, conceptual, schematic, design development and construction document stages.
- Skills Required: Practical and logical qualities and a methodical thinker; good problem-solving skills, strong numeracy and financial management skills; ability to write clear and precise reports and relate complex information to a diverse range of people. Knowledge and use of industry estimating software and Microsoft Office software programs.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Indoor office environment. May require work on site location when necessary.
- Equipment used includes: computers and standard office machines.
- Essential physical tasks include: the ability to work on a computer and the ability to answer and speak on a telephone. May require the use of a ladder on occasion.
RLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.Apply for job