Full Time - Americas, North America, Phoenix
This entry was posted on June 9, 2020.
Overview of Role
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for certain general accounting related to accounts receivable, bad debt, and other related accounts. Additional responsibilities include; customer sales, order processing and invoicing, assistance with the customer renewal process and application of customer payments.
- Client invoice preparation and recording
- Gather all client invoices from all offices monthly, and verify completion and receipt of all invoicing.
- Enter all invoices to accounting system
- Assist various offices as needed with preparation of client invoices
- Assist various offices as needed with client software and formatting requirements.
- Prepare company invoicing summary by office for monthly closing.
- Keep electronic and paper files of all invoices for reference purposes
- Cash Receipts Processing
- Gather all cash received, and records of deposits made remotely to all bank accounts
- Enter all cash receipts to accounting system
- Prepare receipts and deposit to bank account (online scanner).
- Research unknown receipts as to proper application.
- Document and file receipts entry records.
- Accounts Receivable Reporting
- Run and distribute summary and detail AR report monthly
- Communicate AR problems to office managers as needed
- Research and resolve questions / concerns of managers as necessary
- Client Reporting and Contact
- Work with office managers to determine level of client contact desired regarding collections.
- As desired, issue client statements monthly
- Review outstanding AR for delinquent accounts.
- Contact all delinquent accounts at least monthly
- Keep detailed, complete records of all client contacts and status of collection efforts.
- Maintain scheduled follow up records as needed.
- Review delinquent accounts and client contacts / actions at least bi-weekly with Controller
- Review delinquent accounts and client contacts / actions at least monthly with Office Managers.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent education experience preferred.
- Minimum Experience required: four years Accounts Receivable, two years detailed collections experience.
- Skills Required: Must be able to keep work organized and clearly documented for review by others, and legal requirements. Possess a working knowledge of project documentation, contracts (including AIA), insurance certificates, lien waivers, etc. Ability to read and understand contract language and discuss with client personnel as part of collection efforts. Ability to work with corporate counsel and/or Controller regarding legal issues, pursuit of legal options to collect, etc. Must be organized and detail oriented, with proven commitment to customer service. Must demonstrate ability to deal in a positive way with multiple and diverse personalities among clients and internally to the company, with a continuing focus on achievement of company goals while maintaining a proper and positive relationship with all parties. Ability to work with multiple software systems as needed, and a minimum of intermediate to advanced abilities in Microsoft word and excel. Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding client and project issues.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Indoor office environment. May require work on site location when necessary.
- Equipment used includes: computers and standard office machines.
- Essential physical tasks include: the ability to work on a computer and the ability to answer and speak on a telephone.
- Experience with oracle, sap, or similar large ERP is required
RLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.Apply for job