Associate Building Surveyor
Full Time - Europe, United Kingdom, Birmingham
This entry was posted on August 11, 2020.
Overview of Role:
We are currently recruiting for an Associate Building Surveyor with design, project management and employer’s agent expertise to join our team within the Birmingham office. This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre individual to strengthen our department and further develop the business by working closely with our existing clients and developing new business.
- Providing high calibre service and support for contract procurement and monitoring service lines
- Successfully achieving the required level of business development and profit growth
- To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
- To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures
- Comply with established procurement/commercial/contractual strategies
- Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
- Design and contract administration
- Project Management/ Employers agent
- Undertake stock condition survey to provide data for condition survey database
- Portfolio survey using mobile data capture
- PPM and asset condition schedules
- Quality & Technical Monitoring
- Defects Diagnosis
- Measured Surveys
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Degree qualified in Building Surveying or similar technical discipline
- MRICS or membership of other relevant professional body
- Strong technical delivery experience
- Good experience of project Building Surveying, Design, costing and contract administration.
- Retail and Commercial sector experience desirable
- Experience of mobile data capture platforms desirable but not essential
- An understanding of elemental life and costing
- Track record of working with disparate stakeholders
- Ability to successfully manage complex projects in a proactive and diligent manner
- Excellent specification writing skills
- Detailed understanding of JCT Contracts
- Client facing, ensuring a high standard of technical delivery
- Able to build long-term relationships
- Previously employed by a consultancy
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering deadlines
- A team player, outgoing, friendly, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious
At RLB, our aim is to create and enhance an inclusive workplace culture where diversity is not only accepted but valued and built into our Company culture, creating opportunity for all. In order to support this, we recognise the importance of flexible and agile working and are open to having conversations on how this could work for you and our business from day one.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
#LI-SM1Apply for job