Fire Safety Consultant
Full Time - Europe, United Kingdom, Birmingham
This entry was posted on August 11, 2020.
Overview of Role:
We are currently recruiting for a Fire Safety Consultant, with a possible background in Building Surveying or Health and Safety to join a client focused team within our Birmingham office.
This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre individual to join and strengthen our team. The role will be an excellent opportunity for a proactive individual to take responsibility for providing fire consultancy services from within our Building Surveying team.
- To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures
- Comply with established procurement/commercial/contractual strategies
- Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards.
- To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
- To undertake fire risk assessments across a variety of property types ranging from residential, healthcare, custodial, education and commercial
- To undertake fire integrity / compartmentation surveys to identify breaches, proposed remedial repairs through to preparation of specification and design
- To provide quality & technical monitoring on construction projects
- To provide fire safety advisor role to assist our clients with their property portfolio
- Ideally have good understanding of Approved Document B, Health Technical Memorandum 05-02, Building Bulletins, relevant British Standards
- To review contractors proposals on construction projects and provide comment on suitability for the intended purpose
- Project Management (not essential)
- Design & Specification writing
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results. They will be passionate about fire safety and will strive to provide the upmost quality on every commission.
- Fire Engineering/Safety qualification desirable
- Experience of undertaking Fire Risk Assessments
- Strong knowledge of UK fire safety legislation
- Accredited fire risk assessment qualification or equivalent would be advantageous
- Strong technical delivery experience
- Must have MIFireE or FIFSM
- Ability to successfully lead on and manage complex projects in a proactive and diligent manner
- Strong track record in management of projects from inception to completion
- Client facing, ensuring high standards of technical delivery
- Able to build long-term relationships
- A track record of working with teams and prioritising workloads and delivering deadlines
- A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious
At RLB, our aim is to create and enhance an inclusive workplace culture where diversity is not only accepted but valued and built into our Company culture, creating opportunity for all. In order to support this, we recognise the importance of flexible and agile working and are open to having conversations on how this could work for you and our business from day one.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: email@example.com
#LI-SM1Apply for job