Senior Building Surveyor
Full Time - Europe, United Kingdom, London
This entry was posted on August 18, 2020.
Overview of Role:
We are currently recruiting a Senior Building Surveyor to join a client focused team within the London office. This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre individual to join and strengthen our team.
This role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive individual to take responsibility for providing all core surveying services on a number of interesting areas of property.
- To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
- Manage junior members of staff and APC support
- To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures
- Comply with established procurement/commercial/contractual strategies
- Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
- Professional Skills:
- Preparation of feasibility reports
- Preparation of specifications / schedule of works
- Preparing and issuing tender documents.
- Running a competitive tender process including managing queries from tendering contractors
- Managing multiple projects on ‘LIVE’ operational sites
- Preparation of Schedules of Conditions
- Preparation of contract documents
- Complaint tenders
- Post Contract Quantity Surveying including:
- Scrutinising and verifying applications for interim payments
- Preparing certificates
- Managing change control in accordance with contracts
- Contributing to cost reports and cost forecasting
- Assisting Project Managers in preparing Early Warnings, Instructions and Compensation Events
- Attending progress meeting
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Degree qualified in Building Surveying or similar technical discipline
- Strong technical delivery experience
- MRICS or membership of other relevant professional body
- Ability to successfully manage complex projects in a proactive and diligent manner
- Excellent specification writing skills
- Good understanding of JCT Contracts
- Strong track record in project management of projects from inception to completion
- Track record of working with disparate stakeholders
- Client facing, ensuring a high standard of technical delivery
- Able to build long-term relationships
- Previously employed by a consultancy
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering deadlines
- A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious
At RLB, our aim is to create and enhance an inclusive workplace culture where diversity is not only accepted but valued and built into our Company culture, creating opportunity for all. In order to support this, we recognise the importance of flexible and agile working and are open to having conversations on how this could work for you and our business from day one.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
#LI-SM1Apply for job