Full Time - Europe, United Kingdom, London
This entry was posted on September 8, 2020.
Overview of Role:
This is a generalist HR Advisor role, supporting the southern regions of our UK business. The purpose of the role is to:
- Support the delivery of the HR strategy through the delivery of effective HR practices
- To be the HR expert and coach, supporting and advising your client group on people policies and procedures.
- To role model and challenge the behaviours of our teams to ensure they are in line with our values
- Provide customer service excellence in everything we
The responsibilities listed below are intended to be a broad but not exhaustive list.
- Develop a deep understanding of your client groups’ practice areas, business plans and on-going objectives and the role HR plays in meetings these objectives.
- Coach and influence our line managers to create high performing teams and help people be the best they can be to support the growth of our business.
- Advise Partners and managers on aspects of resource planning including resourcing and recruitment methods and process, defining resource requirements and timelines, working with the recruitment manager.
- In conjunction with the Resourcing team, manage the recruitment process using the recruitment portal
- Assist with the production of onboarding paperwork as and when necessary
- Support the delivery of a great induction experience for all new starters
- Ensure all employees complete their probation period timely and provide advice and guidance where there are performance issues
- Assist the Senior HR Managers within the HR team with the annual salary review process and salary benchmarking
- Support the Payroll Manager in ensuring accurate delivery of payroll
- Provide support and advice on a full range of employee relations activities including performance management, absence management, discipline and grievance procedures, flexible working and equal opportunities
- Provide guidance and support to the Office Managers in relation to the management of the administrative work force
- The HR Advisor will be expected to assist and participate with strategic HR projects and consider new initiatives which could improve efficiencies within the team and wider Company.
- Contribute and actively lead on HR projects and other team initiatives as and when requested.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the HRIS, ensuring that the information on the system is uploaded accurately and promptly
- Preparing documentation for changes in terms of employment
- Liaison with the HR Administrators to ensure that starter and leaver processes are correctly followed
- Assist with the annual appraisal processes
- Attend family friendly meetings i.e. maternity/ paternity interviews and ensure all relevant processes are completed
- Ensure that absence management procedures are followed with consistency across teams/groups
- Manage any Occupational Health referrals and Long-Term Sick cases
- Support the delivery of an accurate payroll by ensuring prompt notification of any employee changes such as promotions, maternity/paternity leave, sabbaticals etc.
- Conduct exit interviews
- Provide guidance to the HR Assistants on key processes and work in partnership with them to continuously look at ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of such processes
- Regularly analyse and interpret HR management information reports including (but not limited to) sickness, turnover and fee earner financial reporting, raising points of interest as appropriate.
- Ensure legal and audit compliance standards are met including GDPR regulations.
- Customer Service Excellence; Being able to understand the needs of the internal and external customers, responds promptly and ensure the customers is at the forefront of their thinking
- Learning; Develops job knowledge and skills through personal development and learns from feedback
- Working Effectively: Takes ownership for work, works efficiently to meet deadlines and uses initiative to solve problems
- Influencing: Confidently uses relevant information to persuade others and gain agreement and commitment
- Adapting & Coping; Remains positive and resilient under pressure, adapts to change and uses support networks
- Analysing & Interpreting: Seeks to understand root causes and complex situations and makes informed recommendations
- Communicating: Articulates messages clearly, listens to others and engages people in the message being communicated
- An HR professional with experience of HRIS
- Able to deliver HR excellence and continuous improvement to drive business growth
- Has the ability to work effectively with others, helping and supporting members of their immediate team, stays positive and understands the impacts of their own behaviours on others and modifies it accordingly
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrates strong employment law knowledge
- Commercial awareness, understanding the impact of their own actions on commercial results
At RLB, our aim is to create and enhance an inclusive workplace culture where diversity is not only accepted but valued and built into our company culture, creating opportunity for all. In order to support this, we recognise the importance of flexible and agile working and are open to having conversations on how this could work for you and our business from day one.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: email@example.com
Apply for job