Senior / Associate Mechanical Design Engineer
Full Time - Europe, United Kingdom, Leeds
This entry was posted on September 11, 2020.
Overview of Role:
This role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive Mechanical Engineer to join a growing and successful team who has plans to expand and develop the M&E offering to support other regional teams as part of a centre of excellence for design services. For the will and successful candidate this provides the opportunity to build upon the success already forged and take the team to the next level.
There will be a requirement to deliver as well as lead as part of the multi-discipline design team to support the project team, along with managing yours and others workload to meet clients expectations and commercial goals. In addition there will be an expectation to be involved in business development and helping to grow the service in support of the Partners.
The role will require
- Mechanical Design Engineer responsible for M&E co-ordination within design team.
- Preparation of M&E Specifications.
- Good understanding of schematic drawings.
- Understanding and knowledge of electrical installations
- Able to monitor and comment on quality of M&E installations on site.
- Lead and grow the M&E team in Yorkshire with a potential National agenda to develop the service
- Business Development and supporting the lead partner with bids.
- Asset and component identification and capture.
- Strong effective communication skills including clear handwriting.
- Full clean driving license.
- Good H&S awareness.
- Collect clients brief and provide advice
- Delivery of Mechanical and Electrical designs and specifications
- Provide technical advise to design teams
- Manage and support team and help with growth / business development
- Monitor quality of works and report.
- Input into the national growth plans and technical delivery solutions.
- To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances.
- To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures.
- Comply with established commercial/procurement/ contractual strategies.
- Individually or as part of a team operate processes for the selection, appointment and management of construction and engineering contractors.
Cost Planning including:
- Provide advice and opinion in respect of our client development plans and expectations.
- Value engineering studies
M&E Surveying including:
- Undertake pre-survey meetings with client representatives.
- Building Stock Condition Surveys
- Populate the asset management system via tablet technology with data relating to the condition of the stock and surrounding areas along with other legislative requirements.
- Promote commercial awareness throughout project
- Advising and liaising with internal project and cost control team
The ideal candidate will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role with good commercial results and encompass a realistic selection of the following qualifications and attributes…
- The individual will be an integral part of a team that is accountable for the commercial and contractual performance of a project.
- Engineering HNC or equivalent or Engineers Degree
- Chartered or to achieve Chartered status through the Engineering Council and MCIBSE (or MIMechE) within 3 years of commencement of employment
- Ideally a minimum 3 years’ experience in a supervisory/junior management position.
- Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute.
- Proficiency in CAD, NBS and proprietary mechanical design software would be an advantage.
- Proficient in the use of mobile data capture device (if required).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interface skills.
- Can prioritise workloads and deliver to deadlines.
- A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious.
- The individual must be adaptable and willing to learn new skills relevant to the Building Surveying teams’ requirements.
- Excellent specification writing skills.
- Able to build long-term relationships.
- Being presentable and appropriately representing the code of conduct and ethics of your respective institutions.
- IT literacy and expertise in using tablet-based data collection technologies, Excel, Word.
- Self-motivated and able to work without supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate flexible approach to work.
- Well presented with good interpersonal skills.
At RLB, our aim is to create and enhance an inclusive workplace culture where diversity is not only accepted but valued and built into our company culture, creating opportunity for all. In order to support this, we recognise the importance of flexible and agile working and are open to having conversations on how this could work for you and our business from day one.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
#LI-SM1Apply for job